Ben Davies (CB) Preston North End

im really optomistic about this guy.

never seen him play, haven’t even jumped on a lot of links, but a bit like the Robbo situation, maybe we have a player who knows what its like NOT to be overpaid and have a secure financial future from the age of 19 years old and the work ethic might just be that little bit more applied.

whatever happens, im made up for him, imagine sitting the grand kids on the lap and telling them about the day you signed for LFC, awesome.

11 Likes

Has he signed yet?

I mean, just how long does it take to complete the medical?

2 Likes

We’ll see, LB wasn’t really a position in Klavan’s arsenal. Maybe this guy would be more competent there if we need it. We had very few CB’s of that type (capable to cover both CB/FB positions well) in last years. I remember Rafa really wanted Heinze at the time especially because of that reason.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s cos our full Backs aren’t primarily defenders.

2 Likes

I meant more the opposite, CB’s who can cover FB areas.

homer simpson GIF

5 Likes

DONE DEAL - Preston sign Stoke defender

We briefly had confirmation that Liverpool have signed Preston defender Ben Davies on a permanent deal.

Preston wrote on their website: "Preston North End have signed Scottish centre half Liam Lindsay on loan from Championship rivals Stoke City.

“The Paisley-born defender has put pen to paper on a deal until the end of the season and takes the No.6 shirt left vacant after Ben Davies completed his permanent move to Liverpool.”

But now they have deleted the bit about Davies…

What the fuck’s all this, then?

:grimacing:

Preston NE jumped the gun. LFC has not made the announcement yet. Probably forgetting to sync each other’s watch. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

OK, jumping the gun. Oops. That now means Preston have to pay us £2m and we still get Davies. Amirite?

3 Likes

Edwards - “I’ll get back to you shortly”

Zach Galifianakis Reaction GIF

2 Likes

Sounds like a lovely boy and has had alot of football playing experience under his belt.

3 Likes

He be as tough as old boots after playing so many games in the Championship

1 Like

He has a nice hair

5 Likes

Just got a message from LFC, deal is done.

2 Likes
2 Likes