Ben Davies (CB) to Rangers

1 Like

Dammit, I was going to suggest Davies to Rangers when I read that Ajax had bought one of their defenders. Could have got some proper ITK cred with that one.

It is understood that Liverpool will receive a guaranteed fee of around £3m ($3.5m ) from Rangers for Davies, with a further £1m ($1.25m) payable in add-ons relating to individual and team performance.

1 Like

So, he does actually exist then? I still don’t know what he looks like.

1 Like

Apparently this is him. :grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning:

4 Likes

Thanks, if that is him.

PNE get 20% of fee above £500’000 so 20% of £2.5m as £3m guaranteed, so £500’000. Sheffield Utd paid a £500’000 loan fee as well.

2 Likes

So how much profit have we made from selling this ‘Ben Davies’ item? I take it that it was the only unit we had in stock? It was taking up shelf space for a good 18 months so I hope we had a suitable markup John, and you will show us the cash before you stuff it into the register.

1 Like

Where’s the Ben Davies money John?

3 Likes

Income £3.5 millions
Expense £1.0 millions
Profit £2.5 millions

3 Likes

Wasn’t he lined up to sign for Celtic before we intervened? I can see that going down well!

Anyway, happy that he’s found somewhere permanent to carry on his career.

4 Likes

Maybe Celtic’s situation changed. Rangers were possibly more in the need for a replacement for Bassey, who’s gone from being a backup LB to actually a starter either at LB or LCB last season.

Anyway, good to get this sorted, wasn’t sure we’d be able to sell him this summer.

6 Likes
4 Likes

Rodgers is in a weird period as a manager now where he seems to not trust players until they are well into their twenties. All their “promising” young players are 20/21 or 22 and haven’t even played first team minutes yet. It’s weird and I’m not sure why someone who was previously praised for integrating youth has become so conservative.

Good for Bassey that he got out while he could. He’s now a £23m CB at Ajax, if he stayed he’d likely still be in the Leicester youth system.

We made money on him and he never played a competitive game for us.

2 Likes
6 Likes

Thanks for the memories & all the best of luck.

Wonderful servant to the club. Legend.

1 Like

If I knew what he looked like, I’d commission a statue.

Did he even play a friendly for us?