Ben Davies (CB) to Rangers

1 Like

Dammit, I was going to suggest Davies to Rangers when I read that Ajax had bought one of their defenders. Could have got some proper ITK cred with that one.

It is understood that Liverpool will receive a guaranteed fee of around Ā£3m ($3.5m ) from Rangers for Davies, with a further Ā£1m ($1.25m) payable in add-ons relating to individual and team performance.

1 Like

So, he does actually exist then? I still donā€™t know what he looks like.

1 Like

Apparently this is him. :grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning::grinning:

4 Likes

Thanks, if that is him.

PNE get 20% of fee above Ā£500ā€™000 so 20% of Ā£2.5m as Ā£3m guaranteed, so Ā£500ā€™000. Sheffield Utd paid a Ā£500ā€™000 loan fee as well.

2 Likes

So how much profit have we made from selling this ā€˜Ben Daviesā€™ item? I take it that it was the only unit we had in stock? It was taking up shelf space for a good 18 months so I hope we had a suitable markup John, and you will show us the cash before you stuff it into the register.

1 Like

Whereā€™s the Ben Davies money John?

3 Likes

Income Ā£3.5 millions
Expense Ā£1.0 millions
Profit Ā£2.5 millions

3 Likes

Wasnā€™t he lined up to sign for Celtic before we intervened? I can see that going down well!

Anyway, happy that heā€™s found somewhere permanent to carry on his career.

4 Likes

Maybe Celticā€™s situation changed. Rangers were possibly more in the need for a replacement for Bassey, whoā€™s gone from being a backup LB to actually a starter either at LB or LCB last season.

Anyway, good to get this sorted, wasnā€™t sure weā€™d be able to sell him this summer.

6 Likes
4 Likes

Rodgers is in a weird period as a manager now where he seems to not trust players until they are well into their twenties. All their ā€œpromisingā€ young players are 20/21 or 22 and havenā€™t even played first team minutes yet. Itā€™s weird and Iā€™m not sure why someone who was previously praised for integrating youth has become so conservative.

Good for Bassey that he got out while he could. Heā€™s now a Ā£23m CB at Ajax, if he stayed heā€™d likely still be in the Leicester youth system.

We made money on him and he never played a competitive game for us.

2 Likes
6 Likes

Thanks for the memories & all the best of luck.

Wonderful servant to the club. Legend.

1 Like

If I knew what he looked like, Iā€™d commission a statue.

Did he even play a friendly for us?