Breaking News Thread

The english used to be a lot better at it, but the younger generations who would normally be at the forefront of protests seem to have their focus more on, what I would say are the wrong things.

Stopping traffic on the M25 and supergluing yourself to things because of oil usage only serves to annoy normal people, when perhaps they might be better thinking about how they’re ever going to afford to buy a house and maybe the government should be doing something about that.

But I’m probably wrong.

2 Likes

He desperately needs ass x2 in a tion.

WTF

https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md-va/2023/03/28/adnan-syed-conviction-reinstated/

I am aware that these documentaries often dont have the most reliable narrative, so I’m not commenting on his presumed guilty or otherwise, but the utterly absurd rationale for reinstating his conviction.

Political point scoring. Also the Maryland governor isn’t the biggest fan of Muslims I’m told

Another mass shooting in a school in the USA, Nashiville, Tennessee. RIP to those people who died, 3 were children. May the families find some solace and strength to get through this tragedy.

American society is sick, their politicians are deluded and in denial.

3 Likes

Yes

2 Likes

Justice for the Korbel family, good riddance.

2 Likes

The woman who dobbed him in will be looking over her shoulder for a very long time…no doubt she will be unable to return to Liverpool… it took nine hours of deliberations before the jury found him guilty. I was following the trial in the Echo and it did pretty much hinge on that one woman’s evidence.

2 Likes

I was just reading about it. Hats off to her , she’s an unbelievably brave woman.

2 Likes

Probably went for a 8 and a half hour tea break.

I was following some lady on twitter who was at the trial and giving a day by day recount, I asked her why 1 of the key witnesses (the chap he intended to kill) didn’t take the stand and testify when some other chap replied and suggested he was too scared.

What I found pretty damning was the footage Merseyside police released the moment he was arrested and right after the officer said what he was arrested for “plus the attempted murder, twice” he simply replied with a shocked tone “twice?”

Rambler,
How is the feeling in Liverpool ?
Sometimes, people who are key witnesess are scared to give evidence, but want to, because of the long term repercussions. For example, in Italy, ex Mafia members break their vow of silence and end up going into a witness protection programme or end up getting killed in the end.

Its not likely she would have given a full testimony unless she had her own people behind her that will watch out for her… What happened to that poor little girl was horrendous… Different rules apply in the said underworld when a child has been involved…

Thankfully I live in leafy North Merseyside so I am detached from it. I don’t really know that area at all but areas like that do live in fear of these drug gangs. Even round here you can see the black huddy lads on their bikes getting off the train and doing their delivery rounds.

I am all for looking at ways to legalise the trade. No real idea how the logistics would work but we are just fire fighting at the moment. Take out one Mr Big and there are plenty more looking to take their place. One thing is for sure, there will be more innocent victims.

1 Like

Omg! It is like the Hydra, you cut of one head, another head grows. It is like the Mafia in southern Italy. The government and police have the same problem. You arrest one head of the family. There is another person ready to take the oath.

Drug dealing is a huge network worldwide. The police and other law enforcement from other countries need to cut the shipment supply route as well catch the drug barons.

I just feel so sad for the family of Olivia.
Cashman brought it all on himself, he ruined his own life and the his family and the key witness’s life. She is courageous and now she faces a lifetime of witness protection, away from her family and friends.

The really big problem lies there, they are part and parcel of the traffic. It’s them taking over the ‘traditional’ cartels. That includes in the UK, just look at the MET full of …ts

1 Like

Sometimes I just despair. . :confounded:

1 Like

Wait what?!?! How is this even possible?!

They have nukes so get to take turns on telling everyone else how to behave. The Security Council has always been a bit of a joke.

2 Likes

:rage:

One less piece of shit.

3 Likes