Breaking News Thread

we’re all wild and crazy out here on the west coast.

Get out of the country while you still can.

I don’t live in 'Murica, bud. I just spend time there on weekends :laughing:

Hopefully, if the court won’t name them, someone in parliament will use Parliamentary Privilege to name these 2 little saveges.

2 Likes

They should be named. Can’t be hiding behind juvenile laws after the savagery they exhibited.

2 Likes

Seen a couple of articles coming from outside UK that have named these 2.

@mods what is the law regarding foreign sources that name these 2 being posted?

Obviously won’t post if the site could get in any trouble so and to check first

Possibly a contempt of court. The trial judge is dealing with an application to remove anonymity so best to leave it to the authorities.

A few years ago, there was a case of a celebrity who had a court injunction in England and Wales relating to a story that had been published regarding their private life.

I was living in Scotland at the time and posted a link to a Scottish newspaper that was criticising the invasion of privacy. Facebook removed the posting, even though I was not covered by the injunction, because they would have been regarded as the publisher.

I think the fear I guess is not to protect these shites but the flip side that some vigilantes are going to harass the family members of these 2 shites

1 Like

https://x.com/javadesq/status/1737152152991051783?s=20

That is a police officer’s car. This is the damage it did to the building front

The officer driving the car subsequently got out and then arrested the bar owner when he came outside to ask “WTF”. The police have given two different explanations for why the car swerved, the second one only coming out after video evidence falsified the original claim. It is notable that the officer driving the vehicle was not given any sort of sobriety checks and further videos have now come out showing him speeding down that section of the street jumping red lights.

1 Like

mass shooting in Prague

https://x.com/SkyNews/status/1737850757955936445?s=20

“I know people… will have this sort of image that they’ve built themselves, but actually they’re both really clever kids and very bright, very articulate,” he said.

“Their downfall has been their confidence or arrogance around the fact that they thought that they could take another human life and then thought there would be no comeuppance.”

:fearful::scream:

:man_facepalming:

A terrifying start to the New Year. There have been two large earthquakes to the north of and a tsunami has hit the Noto Coast in Ishikawa Prefecture. There doesn’t seem to be a lot damage from the tsunami but it seems that quite a few older house in the town of Wajima have collapsed.

I was alone in the house at the time and heeded the instructions on NHK and evacuated. I got dressed, grabbed passport and bank books and got the hell outta here.

As I was heading east toward the mountains, sirens were going off and the PA kept repeating ‘Tsunami!Tsunami’. I got to my safe haven, a 7-11 on the main north-south road, and checked in with the family. They had returned to the house and assured me that it was safe to return.

The only damage was a broken picture frame. I’ve experienced several tremors here, but this was by far the scariest. It went on for quite a long time and the house was really shaking. As I type this, I am still wearing a helmet as we’ve had a few aftershocks.

3 Likes

There were three big ones to begin with. A 5.7, then a 7.6 followed by a 6.1 and then a swarm of quakes of around 5.0.
I am seeing a lot of collapsed houses on TV. There are bound to be fatalities.

By the way, there is a nuclear power station in the vicinity. No reports of any problems there. Yet.

Anyway, we’re sitting down for dinner now and I’m really going to enjoy that first beer at the same time as thinking of the poor unfortunates on the Noto Peninsula. It could easily have been here and not there.

When people tell you Japan’s a very safe country, don’t believe them!

1 Like

People in Japan , please stay safe.

There’s a big fire in Wajima where there a lot of old traditional wooden houses. It doesn’t look good.

Thinking of you @legalalien. I hope you and your loved ones are safe.

4 Likes