Breaking News Thread

The ‘good families’, upper crust establishment types, usually with generations of bankers who dominate Geneva.

3 Likes

Oligarchs, basically.

1 Like

Basically what Arminius said. Immensely rich families, coming out of the banking and traditional industry branches. Contrarily to the Hindujas, who immigrated to Switzerland and got Swiss nationality, these are old, implanted families who secretly rule the city since a long time.

2 Likes

Coup defeated apparently.

7 Likes

https://x.com/MarlonKameka/status/1805936912063950890?t=D7aIruAfmkkP70ei5WOlIQ&s=09

This is how this country has gone from international inclusion, to an international embarrassment.

2 Likes

https://x.com/SholaMos1/status/1805896821073391740?t=KaRHPVkMxyUvp70cSpFbpQ&s=09

They were collected for evidence. It is to do with the case against Marieha Hussain for calling Braverman and Sunak a tropical fruit.

Just think it is dodgy that they are considered a fruit, something needed to be done, about time the police intervened - ‘nut’ is in the name FFS.

1 Like

One of my life’s greatest achievements, many years ago, was winning a coconut at Covent Garden. Three small wooden balls. See if you can knock a coconut off the stand.

Bam.

Pre kids. Day in London as a young married couple, nice meal, west end show, etc.

I was so proud presenting the coconut to a young Mrs ROTW. She gamely held on to it for a little while, I’m sure wondering the whole time, “When can I throw this stupid coconut away? That simpleton I married seems to think this is a great achievement!”

Too right it was. I knocked that bugger right off the stand. Get in!

5 Likes

You should have done this several times, so that the young Mrs ROTW could have a lovely bunch of coconuts.

4 Likes

Are you suggesting that she doesn’t?
Hear that RotW?
Fight!

4 Likes
7 Likes

Sadly not everyone is conditioned to see greatness, even when it is standing right in front of them.

1 Like

Pineapple says “hi”

1 Like

Marital rape wasn’t made illegal in England until the 1990s.

3 Likes

Same in Germany. The ghoul who wants to be next chancellor famously voted against it.

3 Likes

Iran President Election

1. Presidential race heads to run-off as no candidate secures majority, Interior Ministry announces.

2. Pezeshkian (10.4 million) and Jalili (9.5 million) the top two after just over 24.5 million votes counted.

3. Announcing the run-off as well as the latest results, Mohsen Eslami, an election
    commission spokesman, said turnout in the polls was 40.6 percent.

1 Like

Wow. That’s abysmal.

2 Likes

Considering Pezeshkian got over 42% of the votes, I feel he could won outright if the turnout was higher. Now the other (18%+) conservative vote is likely to give Jalili a win in the second-round.

People are fuckwits :grimacing: