Breaking News Thread

Big earthquake in Peru yesterday by all accounts. Just trying to find some more on it.

2 Likes

Apparently a 7.2 at a depth of 28km and off the coast, there’s a succession of others going on.
My daughter was saying how in Chile they have been talking about how there’s a sequence to big earthquakes and they are over due one. Btw my daughter has experienced earthqukes of a magnetude of about 6 since she’s been in Chile, these are quite normal, apparently.

2 Likes

Yoohoo :partying_face::heart::iran:

4 Likes

Good development but can he overcome his government who is still filled with religious hardliners and ultimately, the Supreme Leader

1 Like

The fact that the hierarchy allowed a fair election and has accepted the outcome mean that are likely to be accommodating.

Nothing will happen overnight, but this was the crucial first step.

3 Likes

I applaud your optimism, but we’ve been here before.

2 Likes

On theory that is true. But as long as you have a Supreme Leader who uses religion as a weapon and can overrule pretty much everything on that basis, it’s going to be a hard battle. I have a strong belief in God but also a belief that if you run a country based on religion or race, any for that matter, that country will never come out from a vicious cycle.

3 Likes

Without optimism/hope, one can lose sanity.

Forget about Gaza, Ukraine, Rohingyas, or Sudan; the things I have witnessed/experienced around me in the last 20 years are just atrocious.

So stop being such a dick :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Never knew this is how you see us :disappointed:

2 Likes

Hmm, worldwide IT failure. Could Russia/China be launching WW3?

Very few other nation states would have the knowledge/expertise to hit such a large and wide ranging number of sectors simultaniously

1 Like

North Korea would. They have previous for this kind of thing.

1 Like

Possibly, but with the current political climate, I would be looking more towards Russia or China - they stand to gain more at this point in time.

It’s a fuckup by a US Cybersecurity firm.

Fix is here if you need it:

https://www.reddit.com/r/crowdstrike/comments/1e6vmkf/comment/ldvwkbn/

3 Likes

Time to short Crowdstrike?

3 Likes

Well, that’s what happens when one or two mega-companies control the IT-systems of super-companies and states all over the world. Not much resilience in all of this, eh?

1 Like

Reason #1 not to use Windows… :rofl:

Windows was fine. It’s Crowdstrike that messed up.

3 Likes

Crowdstrike’s CEO George Kurtz.

“Crowdstrike is actively working with customers impacted by a defect found in a single content update for Windows hosts. Mac and Linux hosts are not impacted. This is not a security incident or cyberattack. The issue has been identified, isolated and a fix has been deployed,” he insisted.

A single update and pushed on a Friday…

2 Likes

NEVER push an update on a friday :joy:

5 Likes