Breaking News Thread

After a bit over 12 months of not being on twatter, I stupidly made the mistake of rejoining the cesspool on Sunday. For my interests, I picked Tech and Football, but I would say more than 90% of my feed so far this week has been tory cunts putting the blame for these murders on Labour and Starmer.

3 Likes

But why? It’s a far-right cesspool.

1 Like

39 police officers hurt. 3 police dogs hurt (and will possibly need retiring). A Police van destroyed. I wonder if Starmer will declare the EDL a prescribed organisation?

When you are next a victim of crime and there isn’t the Police personnel to deal with it, it’s worth remembering who is keeping them off the streets.

6 Likes

I know X 90% rubbish & hateful. In between the mire, there are a few good people on there. Ever since that egotistical Musk took over, he has made it worse by emboldening the racists to run riot on X without any consequences. I just report and block the bigots.

5 Likes

I find that the signal-to-noise ratio on Twitter has degraded so much over the years (and as someone who started using it only in 2017, I already missed much of the “good” times). It’s a self-segregating platform now, loads of the good users left when the fascist man-child took over, and now its just a lot harder to find good content.

@Magnus was great at sifting through and finding good informative stuff on the Russian war crimes though.

Thankfully it seems as though if you’re not logged in now you don’t see comments and replies, and for everything else, there’s threadreaderapp.com to unroll threads.

4 Likes

That’s really useful. This is from @Maria link earlier:

3 Likes

That’s actually how I read the whole thread, probably should have posted the link myself.

It’s a fascinating thread, but I want to know more about the methodology by which the author analysed the data, just for curiosity’s sake.

2 Likes

The problem with that is when a post is so indepth that it takes several posts/replies you need to be logged in to see the full details.

1 Like

See the rest of that sentence.

Will have to give it a try

Once curious thing about the arsepit formally known as Twitter is how much of it is actually AI generated.

Seemingly the word “Stockport” has trended on it because it doesn’t know the difference between that and Southport. It looks like some halfwits had typed it in during their initial fuckwittery and it has trended and copied.

I’m amazed that the rioters didn’t end up in Greater Manchester. Perhaps some of them did?

2 Likes

In fairness, there is very little difference between the 2.

Both absolute shitlholes :rofl:

Southport? Really? You obviously have not been there…admittedly there are some deprived areas but generally it is a really nice place to live…

3 Likes

No idea actually.

I just regard anywhere in the north that isn’t Anfield to be a shithole :wink:

Sorry Suzanne, it’s because you’re just a tool for their racism.

1 Like

Like 99% of Australia then

Yep.

Anything south of the Tweed River and north of Ormeau are utter shyte :wink:

2 Likes

Karma for Southport “protester”

https://x.com/barbedquill/status/1818397436244611399

11 Likes

Fuck , that must have hurt. :grinning:

2 Likes

Good.
Fucking moron