Breaking News Thread

Why is Andrew in the “Breaking News” and not Kazakhstan (more often)? Surely that is more important than some rich guy getting away with it…

Just edited

1 Like

It’s the leading news item on the BBC right now.

Pretty sure Kazakhstan has been talked about in depth too. More so here than on the BBC.

Your sense of what’s newsworthy is never going to be universal all the time.

agreed

1 Like

But if Andrew has lost his military titles, who will lead the British Expeditionary Forces into Kazakhstan? Just hoping to tie things together here.

1 Like

Ghislaine Maxwell?

Send Prince Andrew and G. Maxwell into Kazakhstan armed with legal papers.

wearing makinis?

1 Like

I’ve sussed out what the hand signals Robbo and Trent use prior to our corner kicks mean.

Left hand up = Hit the first defensive player.

Right hand up = Hit the first defensive player.

Both hands up = Hit the first defensive player.

Why do Virgil and Joel even bother going up for corners? :rage:

5 Likes

I have wondered whether her tongue might loosen up now. She knows something

Woah

1 Like
1 Like

We could hear this all the way in New Zealand. My wife was convinced there was someone on the roof !

2 Likes

Incredible. Any sign of the tsunami there?

This is stunning. How far off was the eruption? Surely several hundreds of miles away?

Yes 1200 miles away, I was amazed as well. Watch the videos and you can see the pressure wave. People were out in the street all over the country wondering what it was.

No tsunami here. Few boats sunk in harbour and that was about it.

1 Like

In response to London’s warning, the Russian foreign ministry said in a statement cited by state newswire RIA Novosti: “The disinformation spread by the UK Foreign Office is yet more evidence that it is Nato countries, foremost the Anglo-Saxons, who are escalating tensions around Ukraine.”

“We call on the Foreign Office to end its provocative activity, stop spreading nonsense and concentrate on studying the history of the Tatar-Mongol yoke,” the ministry added in an apparent dig at UK defence secretary Ben Wallace’s recent speech on Russia and Ukraine’s shared history.

From the FT.

I love Russian ‘diplomacy’ :rofl:

FT also says,

The UK’s late-night statement came at the end of a day when Germany’s naval chief resigned after sparking a diplomatic row by saying that Vladimir Putin should be given the “respect he probably deserves” and claiming that Crimea would never be returned to Ukraine.

excuse me wtf GIF by Patriot Act

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-60151839

Let’s hope so

:exploding_head:
Seriously? Why would the innocent need pardoned? And what about those who did all those atrocities?

1 Like