Breaking News Thread

That’s not going to save £100M a year is it?
Particularly if you replace them with other workers, what is that actually going to save?
At a guess if they didn’t replace sacked staff it would be between 14 and 20M, no?
So about 2M a year if they do contract out?

B737, albeit the older 800 and not the Max version, crashed in China with 142 passengers on board. Hope for the best for the passengers and the families. Boeing just cannot catch a break, even if this crash is not necessarily their fault pending investigations, it is definitely a blow to their reputation and confidence in their planes.

And it looks to get worse for P&O

If this is true, I hope every port in the UK refuses to allow them docking rights.

The public should boycott P&O, there are alternative ferry companies. Let their ferries cross the Channel empty.

3 Likes

I like the idea of alternative ferry companies playing cool music and serving organic food

1 Like

This is surely illegal as hell? :astonished:

If yes, the bosses of this company ought to be seized and taken to trial. Make an example out of them.

1 Like

Yep, unlawful and most probably illegal too.

2 Likes

Is it though? Under this present Govt it seems that anything is allowed if you know where to send the brown envelope. :rage::nerd_face:

1 Like

The public should boycott simply on the grounds that their safety at sea is in the hands of £1.80 an hour agency staff who can’t have a clue what they are doing. Even if people are unmoved by the ethics of the situation, it’s still a company to avoid.

3 Likes

It’s when they appoint captain (uncle) Albert then you know things are really worse than what they are.

1 Like
2 Likes

There was a podcast about this case called Untold. The case is fascinating with the connections they draw between the corrupt police and the London based newspapers, but it was almost unlistenable with the combination of the guy’s speech impediment and the herky jerky way he went back and forth in the timeline. I wanted to like it, but it was so much hard work keeping up.

People really are fucking vermin.

4 Likes

I agree, the problem is that the company is owned by DP World, who are based in Dubai and CEO is Sultan Ahmed bin Sulayem, so would mean going up against the UAE royal family so would mean the torries going up against their finanical backers and overlords.

The easier way would be to just have all UK ports ban P&O from docking in UK ports

3 Likes

How about this for a group of messed up people in uniform.

1 Like

the real question is…WHY did the police show up at her school in the first place? Is this a form of bullying by some of her classmates?

2 Likes

If I remember correctly, when the story first broke, I think it was reported that it was teachers that noticed her smelling of weed so reported it to the police.

If that is true, then the school should be in as much shit as the police as they had the DoC whilst the girl was on school property

4 Likes

My understanding is that the teachers thought she smelled of weed but couldn’t find anything in her bag or locker and called the police.

It’s yet another shameful recent chapter for the Met.

As above the school is just as bad. No teacher stayed with the girl during the search, nobody checked on her welfare after the search. Not that it makes any difference to the justification of incident but no drugs were ever found.

5 Likes