Breaking News Thread

speaking of Assad…fuck me I interviewed for Holcim in 2012…

So funding terrorism is just a crime punished by fines? They 've sacked the executives involved? Not prosecuted them? :rage::nerd_face:

2 Likes

That’s the problem with these companies, nobody is really accountable. Their managers are just interchangeable tools. When there is a trial, it’s against the company, not against the people running it. And thus, it results in this kind of judgment.

That’s why multinational companies continue to be so reckless. As long as the people in charge know that they can get off scot-free and aren’t personally pulled in front of trials, nothing will change.

6 Likes

Norway have arrested a GRU colonel who was embedded at Tromsø University as a deep spy.

You can read all about it here, then translate the Norwegian newspapers.

Read recent Grozev posts for full picture
https://twitter.com/christogrozev

2 Likes

wow … that’s the second ‘Brazilian’ Russian spy they’ve rumbled in a matter of months. There was another one the Dutch just revealed who was trying to infiltrate the ICC.

2 Likes

International Cricket Council??

2 Likes

Its now more than a hundred dead and numbers would be climbing…

:broken_heart::pray:

2 Likes

I think I’ve mentioned before I lived in Seoul for almost three years, 2003-06, teaching English.

I know that area very well, that alley and those above it on the hill are like a maze. Everywhere you go in Korea is fucking rammed, all the time.

I am wholly unsurprised reports are saying there was no police presence. There never was and since the US soldiers left Itaewon, the grimy reputation it once had has disipated. Koreans just wouldn’t expect there to be any trouble, hence there’d be no police.

Such a horrible thing.

5 Likes

I was there for “two” years, 2005 to 2006.
Err…actually a week - from after Christmas to after New Year. :smile:
Stayed in Itaewon most of the time, except for 2 nights in the mountains.
And yeah, now that you mentioned it, I did not recall seeing any police presence, even on New Year Eve.

Lula winning. Most unaccounted areas said to be pro-Lula
https://resultados.tse.jus.br/oficial/app/index.html#/eleicao/resultados

5 Likes

Lula victory confirmed.

Now, let’s see if Bolsonaro goes quietly…

8 Likes

Unlikely

The police are all over protests like stink on shit, as has been reported in the media, but a Saturday night on the town…few if any.

I don’t want to sound rude or insensitive but I’m fucking furious with those morons. There are so many ways to enjoy a festival without putting yourself in mortal danger.

Anyway, prayers for those who passed away and for those who got injured. Hope the families have the strength during this difficult time. :pray:

This should be in the Good News thread.

1 Like

So sad to hear what happened in Seoul. Those poor young souls. May the RIP.
There should have some police around.

On a lighter note, so glad that Lula won and arrogant Bolsanaro is kicked out. At least ’ the lungs of the planet’ are in safe hands for now.

4 Likes

Ps. If you enter the newspaper itself then there is no pay wall for this article.

1 Like