Breaking News Thread

Some details are known and imo that rules out that he didn’t want to be released.

His ‘attacks’ started in 2016, there doesn’t seem to be any presidents to this date.

My guess is that he’s a retired Police Nationale.

For his attacks in 2016 he got a 6 month suspended sentence for prohibited possession of various categories of fire armes (including category A i.e military class). June this year (2022) he was sentenced to 12 months imprisonment for the attacks in 2016 which he hasn’t/isn’t serving as he has appealed.
In December 2021 he attacked a migrant camp in Paris with a sword. He has been charged with various offenses however he was released due to having been in custody for a year awaiting trial.(Maximum sentence from what I can gather is 3 years not including the aggravated circumstances).

Now he has attacked and killed people in a Kurdish quarter.

Btw the BBC should be aware of these facts as they were given during the public prosecutors adress. Obviously they felt that it was confusing to the story. It really isn’t easy to follow. Even allowing for covid and how that affected the justice system it’s hard to fathom how this happened, unless the person involved has some ‘protection’ hence my guess above.

3 Likes

Man held after three people killed in shooting at Kurdish centre in Paris | Paris | The Guardian

Beccuau said the man, reportedly a retired train conductor, had been released from jail on 12 December on strict conditions after serving a year’s pre-trial detention, the maximum allowed by the law. French media said he was awaiting trial for a sword attack on migrants.

2 Likes

How do you even go about explaining this to the sons/daughters when one of your colleagues are responsible, whether it be accidental or not.

Josh Moreali shared a post on Instagram: "Future energy❗️ #exciting #future". Follow their account to see 629 posts.

Kind of a big deal. Now can it be replicated and to what scale

What did they make happen?

Nuclear fusion producing more energy than went in (if you discount a lot of other inputs, or at least as I’ve read).

It’s a significant development. In 30 years this could be a commercial viability.

Didn’t we already go through all this a couple of weeks ago?

1 Like

Shit is going down in Mazatlan, esse!

1 Like

I wonder where they got the idea from :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

Donald you prick

4 Likes

Hopefully this coup will fail, just like the one in the US. Fingers crossed!

2 Likes

Whoa!!

Unless you’ve flown to / through the US. it’s difficult to get your head round the quantity of internal flights. Mind blowing.

and it is a system that more or less collapses every day anyway. An absurd percentage of flights every day are delayed, because small problems accumulate in the system and produce cascading delays. A thunderstorm in Chicago produces delays in New York and Atlanta, and by evening everything is an hour late. A delay of this scale will take a week to work through the system.

And the flip side is that for US travelers who have only flown domestically, there is a complete inability to comprehend how bad the infrastructure is for air travel. A good friend of mine is leading the LaGuardia renovation and for as big as the improvements are already it only drove home how thoroughly awful the airport options were in one of the world’s busiest and most commercially important cities.15 billion or so in costs over the best part of a decade and they’ve just brought it up to par with major international airports in other countries.

2 weeks ago Southwest ended up downing pretty much their entire crew because their software was too outdated to identify where their crews really were with the number of weather related delays and cancellations they had. Southwest had promised to upgrade this system as part of the covid bail out they received and simply didnt. Now we’re seeing something similar in the Federal Government. We have spent the best part of 20 years ignoring real effective modernization in favour of 9/11 security theatre.

1 Like

I view LaGuardia as something out of Dante. As a matter of routine, I used to plan my travel to get as far as possible in Canada before making a single direct flight to my US destination. Even though the nominal travel time was usually greater, the reality was it almost always saved time and a great deal of hassle.

1 Like

I remember flying into there and thinking its not so bad. But then to get into the city we had to stand outside in a line for a bus (in November). The the bus took us into Queens and dropped us off at a taxi station. We then had to stand outside again and wait for taxis. Best case the trip into the city straight from the airport takes an hour. With all these stupid connections and lines and was about 2 and half hours.

Flew into there for Mrs 30th surprise birthday. I happened to be sat next to a nun on the flight from MAN. She organised and paid for the cab for us into GCS area on arrival. Guess somebody loves me :slight_smile: