Brighton vs Liverpool: FA Cup Fourth Round: Sunday, January 29, 1:30 PM

It isn’t beyond belief.

I don’t accept that it’s normal to expect to pay £100m for a midfielder off the back of a good half season.

1 Like

Fair enough

No one will pay 100. Brighton will sell at 65 the boy wants to leave and they know that you cant keep a player who doesn’t want to play for them . As you can see we need midfielder/s now and any young and tested midfielder will cost 60-80 in January . FSG can blance the extra 20 million with loss of earnings from not being in europe .

give them 60m and Ox.
ox is on £120k a week while this lad is on £15k. give him £50k and save £70k a week in wages

And what are Brighton giving Ox? He’s going to accept a £100k a week wage drop?

Maybe we finally manage to beat them without Caicedo and Lallana.

:joy:

1 Like

Like we did last year?

A win here and a continuation of the defensive shape will be very welcome. It would mean we are building up a small bit of consistency.

Seniors need to step up.

3 Likes

I can’t accept that a player is so public about their desire to leave.

Whatever good impression I had of him as a player off the description of various people on here, is now ruined.

All of you hankering after him, do you really want someone who won’t stick with your club for the longer term? At those prices, I wouldn’t.

3 Likes

I can’t blame anyone wanting to play at the very best possible level they think they are capable of. They have such a short working life and there are rarely second chances. Good luck to him I say.

Didn’t Van Dijk force a move? Sure he got a mystery injury and missed some training/games.

1 Like

Agreed, while he would be a welcome addition in terms of the skills he would bring to the team, I hate such public expressions of wanting to move on. Show some class.

Give it 24 months and he’ll be posting the same to the fans of his new club when Barca/Real/PSG come calling.

1 Like

He wants to triple his salary. Why would he not do everything possible to make that happen?

I can’t blame anyone for doing so. I can however prefer to not have them at the club, particularly if their method of getting their move is to go public. I’d very much rather players who do it the Mané way.

If he joined us in summer, I’m wondering if he would have posted this post in November/December…

Souness downed tools at Middlesbrough as soon as he got a sniff LFC were interested in him. Told them to sell him or else! He turned out quite loyal for us, but I guess it takes all sorts eh

2 Likes

Did he force a move?

From what I can tell from Virgil van Dijk left out of Southampton squad as Mauricio Pellegrino refuses to draw on Manchester City interest | The Independent | The Independent anyway, he was left out of the squad by Southampton, not the other way around.

1 Like

He probably has to look after his 10 siblings also. Im sure he is doing everything to get his move away.

In my view, Caicedo is doing what he has to do (influenced by his new agent no doubt). What if he gets a horrifying injury before the end of the season and he cant get an improved contract from anyone? He comes from a very poor family and has to look out for himself and his family. I don’t think he’s been disrespectful as it sounds like he’s been in constant communication with his manager and the club. It’s easy to say it’s the wrong thing to do, but put yourself in the man’s shoes. You wouldn’t do the same thing in a respectful way? Come on.

Or is there a chance we are working behind the scenes and hijacking a deal for him? I sure hope so!

1 Like