Brighton vs Liverpool: FA Cup Fourth Round: Sunday, January 29, 1:30 PM

Do we have a big enough war chest?

1 Like

Think they’d just prefer the 60m.

£59m and no Ox :grin:

Ox is going to struggle to find a new contract with anyone that pays him 100k a week. Given that, Brighton’s spending (highest salary allegedly 90k a week with half a team earning between that and 50k), that doesnt seem out of step with a reasonable expectation of what Ox might hope to convince someone to pay him. If we agreed to pay his full salary through the end of this season, as we’re currently obligated to, that might be enough to smooth over a deal.

Of course, in reality, such complicated deals dont happen very often, very rarely during the winter window, and pretty much never this late in the window. But there is a logic to it for all parties.

1 Like

It’s a competitive market place. He is a 150k a week player earning literally 1/10 of that. Aye he’s under contract and needs to play, but he never said he wouldnt. He has just publicly stated that given the attention he is receiving he’d like to be given the opportunity to move on. It is Brighton not him who have taken he decision to not involve him, which says less about his level effort than it does about what they are willing to do to shut out offers this window (“Sorry, Moises not here right now. Can I take a message?”).

Sometimes I feel players cannot win. Dont sign the contract so you can engineer your own move and fans tell you to fuck off. Stay quiet while trying to engineer you move and fans tell you to fuck off for not being honest about your motivations. Come straight out and say you want to move and fans tell you to fuck off.

2 Likes

As I said it would make sense for us not to go public before the game and treat Brighton a bit more respectfully but I just don’t think we are in for him.

2 Likes

If Brighton are serious about keeping him, they should just renegotiate his contract and give him a pay increase…

1 Like

A, fine. You are the moral pillar of this forum. Now write to the club to get rid immeditately from Virgil van Dijk, because he did absolutely the same, while in Southampton, trying to engineer a move to Liverpool.

I get where you’re coming from, but it’s really only the public part that I have a massive problem with. Let Brighton extract their money from Chelsea/Arsenal/whoever, we know it’s only a matter of time before it happens.

Agreed. I think for me if he comes out public with this statement about his family and motivations after he left, no one would begrudge him that. It’s the trying to force Brighton’s hand that I have an issue with.

Sure. And I’m sure they’ll not care an iota. It doesn’t stop me from feeling that I don’t like it when players do this.

Thanks for actually providing a source on his “going on strike” though, appreciate it.

Likely not

Liverpool have won all 12 games this season when they have scored the opening goal of the game.
So plain and simple score the first goal. :grinning::grinning:

2 Likes

Or score the only goal.

Remember when people used to moan about us winning 1 nil :frowning_face:

Some just like to moan. :grinning:

As a dead Greek fella once said “Nothing is enough for the man to whom enough is too little”

1 Like

What other leverage does he have, really?

Confident we’ll win this.

2 Likes

I wish weren’t playing Brighton again!

1 Like

Remember we played wolves again and beat them. :smile:

1 Like

Did they shoot him after he said that ?