Bundesliga / German NT

@Limiescouse @Prolix many thanks for your inputs. It was interesting.

But you have got my issue wrong (or is it that I put it wrongly :wink:). I can identify the clubs in other leagues from their abbreviation. ARS is Arsenal, JUV is Juventus, ATL is Atletico. But BSC or TSG or HSV is freaking confusing. Why can’t they just put HER or HOF, or HAM?

1 Like

Sort of the same reason you don’t abbreviate Atletico as Madrid or Arsenal as London. I think it’s just that you’re more familiar with the other club’s complete club names.

2 Likes

show off the emperors new groove GIF

1 Like

That VAR offside was very clean and righted a wrong, why does it seem to be an arseache in the PL I do think it’s the commentators and fans as well as the refs sometimes.

Yeah, I guess I could have made my point clearer…
Btw, MAD would be a much better fit for Atletico.

1 Like

Ok Ifti, let me try. I think the issue is that German teams have the name of the place at the end, so when they talk about us, they always say FC Liverpool rather than Liverpool FC.
German teams usually have names like Union Berlin, Bayern Munich, Arminia Bielefeld etc with the place name at the end. They also often have abbreviations at the beginning of the name, like VFB (Verein für Bewegungsspiele) Stuttgart, 1FC Köln, VFL (Verein für Leibesübungen) Bochum etc. Some of them were general sports, athletics or fitness clubs which had various teams including football. Turn- und Sportgemeinschaft 1899 Hoffenheim is a classic example of a gymnastics and sports club who also had a football team which went on to become famous. German clubs love to mention the year they were founded in their names too (Schalke 04, Mainz 05, Hannover 96 etc).
I hope that’s helpful :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Did anyone watch the Red Bull-Dortmund game? Big result for Rose and a cracker from Szoboszlai

Union Berlin top of the league at the moment!

Happened in the 2. BL

And it worked well, they managed to score twice

:joy:

Edit, tbf this video is a bit outdated already but i had to leave it here anyway

3 Likes

Bayern…

blink-182 wtf GIF

Don’t fucking jinx it

2 Likes

They aint scoring, on my life.

Wonder if Leverkusen are too good to go down?

Rekordmeister in problems?

Replacing Lewandowski was never going to be easy.

1 Like

Things not look as rosy for Mané as they were a few weeks ago. Good news for the rest of the league though.

1 Like

Other teams are even worse. Bayern will win the league possibly in April.

Bayern without a win in the last 4 league games. Bet with Lewandowski they easily win three out of those 4.

1 Like

I be dammed :heart_eyes::rofl:

2 Likes

Is that real?

For some wierd reason, the players and fans don’t match for me, so in my eye it looks photoshopped

I think the players were photoshoped on the background.