Bundesliga / German NT

Has he been that outwardly antagonistic towards them before? I remember the random comment after one of our games once years ago when he poked fun at them losing which seemed a bit out of nowhere and not particularly relevant at all to our situation at the time, otherwise I get the feeling he’s always been mostly respectful of their institution, especially before our tie with them on the road to our eventual CL win.

1 Like

Jürgen has every right to hate Bayern after all the players they poached and the underhand tactics they used to unsettle his teams.
However, he’s just too much of a good guy to hate anyone. He always expresses respect for the opposition even when they probably don’t deserve it.
I’d be surprised to see him go to Bayern for other reasons though. They just aren’t his type of club. He seems to be more attracted to outsiders or sleeping giants than perennially successful, entitled behemoths. He likes to build a team and create a culture in his clubs. It’s doubtful that he’d get the freedom to do that at Bayern. Maybe, if he’s looking for some easy medals, but that would be out of character.
Language would rule him out of working in Spain, Italy or France, and he’s promised not to work at another English club, so there’s only Germany. Surely he’d get frustrated at the lack of daily intensity involved in working for the national team. Could end up in permanent conflict with the DFB and the clubs.
It’s conceivable that he goes back to his hometown club, Stuttgart, and works on getting a Bundesliga title for them. That would be a fairytale coda to a great career.

3 Likes

Or he does Deutschland and then retires. Why keep working of he keeps getting burnt out?

1 Like

I’m sure translators could be found. Besides, most young people speak some English these days, even footballers.

1 Like

He’ll only be 57 when he leaves us. He’ll have a good ten years left in him if he wants.
Can’t see him as a national trainer for the reasons I stated above. He’s just too hands on.
The Germans are desperate for him to do it though, so maybe he’ll be persuaded.

1 Like

It’s a reason he himself gave when he came to England.

Maybe, but if you were older you’d understand that it is a very tall order to try to learn a new language in one’s late fifties.
Trying to manage a club like Real Madrid without speaking Spanish would be fraught with difficulty.

You make the language barrier sound like an insurmountable problem; it really isn’t.

If he wants to manage in another country- and I very much doubt that he does- then it is not impossible.

I don’t care what he does next, anyway. Once he leaves Liverpool, he is no longer relevant to me. I am a Liverpool fan, not a Jürgen Klopp fan.

2 Likes

I reckon it would be more so the absolute basket case sets of fans and media and wildly unpredictable owners you get in Spain and Italy that would turn him off from working there as opposed to any language barrier.

As for France, well that would just be a pointless venture for a coach of Jurgen’s standing.

1 Like

The queation is really: what is bigger and better to manage than LFC? From Klopp’s perspective, probably nothing is.

I’d not be surprised to see him stay in retirement, or to take on a very different role in football. Yeah, maybe national manager for Germany. Or Switzerland? Hitzfeld did it at the time, so why not go there and try to do better than him? :hugs::smiley::wink:

1 Like

After leaving Liverpool, Klopp will take a break for a year. Then he will take over the Bangladesh :bangladesh: national team and lead them to the World Cup 2030 :partying_face:. One can dream, right!

1 Like

It’s not just about what is bigger and better than to manage Liverpool, it would also be what excites him, and gives him a project that he envisions.

Could a stint at Stuttgart take his fancy? Would be near his family, soInternational breaks and winter break would mean he has family around him.

Also, they are known as Die Roten which if you know, you know :wink:

1 Like

In 2016 Klopp said:

‘It’s very, very unlikely that I will still be sitting on the bench when I am 60’

He’ll be 57 soon but we all know he will be a coach for a few more years longer than 60.

But I am 100% sure he won’t take another job outside of Germany.

3 Likes

Why is everyone ignoring that Klopp said “I need to try to have a normal life while I still can”?

3 Likes

Without our history, we are nothing. Jürgen Klopp will always be relevant to us. That’s why we care about this club and why the motto is YNWA.

7 Likes

I could have phrased that better.

Of course he will be a part of this club’s history, and he has brought us great pleasure and would have brought us even more success but for being cheated all the time. He is a wonderful person and obviously understands the club, the city and the people, and he is clearly one of our greatest ever managers.

But I do not care what he does next in football.

1 Like

I would not be opposed to having De Zerbi as an alternative to Xabi if he chooses Bayern over us. It could be argued that the former has proved himself in a much stronger league. I still want Zabi mind.

However, whoever comes in will be bringing in a new playing philosophy and the squad will be in for an intensive period of adjustment. It will be a busy and interesting pre season I’m thinking. A lot to learn in a relatively short period for the guys.

Tô me he will do the national job, he might go back and be involved at a club side but wouldn’t be surprised if that’s a Bundesliga 2 club.

I don’t think Bayern really interests him but who knows.

1 Like

Adidas brought this little diamond back in their German EM kit advert and now every one is going completely crazy about that song as the new German Goal song for the summer.
Well, we will see, but at the moment the mood is at least starting to get a little better here when it comes to the EM.

4 Likes

I have a couple of his songs on a NDW compilation. I think that was even a minor hit in the UK at the time.

2 Likes