Bundesliga / German NT

Is this singer in a band or solo artist? I havent heard of him.
What is the name of the song?

The song is very catchy and gets the crowd bopping up and down.

Edited.

1 Like

The name of the song is “Major Tom” by Peter Schilling. It’s from 1982, Neue Deutsche Welle.

2 Likes

It’s Peter Schilling who had a few hits in Germany in the early 1980s. That song was rerecorded in English as Major Tom (Coming Home) although according to Wikipedia it only got to 42 in the UK charts.

The other track I have by him is Die Wüste Lebt. (Eng. The Desert is Alive)

1 Like

So, this is an old world cup song.

Naaa not a world cup song Maria, it’s just some German hit from the 80s

2 Likes

Oh I see, it is really nice one. It would be good for the DFB team in this 2024 Euros tournament. :smiley:.

2 Likes

Unfortunately UEFA does not allow individual songs for the teams during the tournament.

1 Like

Can you explain please, you mean it has to be band, with a few footballers in the video?

In England, my favourite song was the world cup, Italia 1990 by New Order called ’ World in Motion’.

Most football theme songs for international tournaments are not that great anyway.

2 Likes

Well, apparently it has to be the official UEFA song, and it has to be the same for all teams. This is the rule for the goal music only during the EM games.

Pre game warm up and after the game you can do as you like.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/archiert1/status/1772684376603582610

:joy:

Halftime 1:1 and we’ve already heard Major Tom btw

I still have doubt about the overall quality but Nagelsmann figured out how to get the best out of the available players.

2 Likes

2-1 Germany

3 Likes

Archie didn’t seem enthusiastic :joy:
I think nearer the time to the Euros, the home nation fans will be in full swing embracing the Euros.

I think Germany will do well this Euros.
I am hoping England don’t get them.:crossed_fingers:. You guys always beat us on penalties.:pleading_face:

2 Likes

They were predicted to embarrass themselves at the world cup in 2006. Home advantage does count for something.

4 Likes

Yeah they were better than the winners in 06 and probably only France were better.

For me, Germany are top favourites to win this competition. They have overcome their crisis at a perfect time, and look ready to exert revenge for the previous time of humiliation. They are never as dangerous when in this kind of situation. Barring a load of key injuries, there is a high chance that they will bulldoze everything placed in front of them next summer.

2 Likes

March 30: Bayern vs Dortmund.

Come on Dortmund, make it happen :pleading_face:

music video 80s GIF

2 Likes

Ralf Rangnick now favorite to be next Bayern coach.

1 Like

I`ve read they are looking after de Zerbi as well. The mood must be really really bad at Bayern, knowing that Leverkusen with Xabi will go again next season.

Maybe they will try to at least buy some of Leverkusen´s better players to unsettle them and make them weaker, like they always do.

3 Likes