Bundesliga / German NT

True, Bayern has a healthy PPG. If Leverkusen can manage their PPG, they will end up with one of the highest point hauls in Bundesliga history.

1 Like

4 more wins for Bayer and they’ll have the league won.

Mathematically, it might be 5 wins minimum out of 9 remaining games but that assumes Bayern go and win every game from now till end of season.

1 Like

Leverkusen vs Qarabag
Freiburg vs Leverkusen
Leverkusen vs Hoffenheim
Leverkusen vs Düsseldorf German Cup
Union vs Leverkusen
EL QF
Leverkusen vs Bremen
EL QF
Dortmund vs Leverkusen

Aye, the common framing of this season seems off. Despite all the drama around them, Bayern arent really off what is a normal pace for them them. The reason they are so far behind is because Leverkusen are on a historic tear.

If they win their next 2 games they will have passed Bayern’s league winning total from last season and still have 7 more games left to play. That was a low total though and they’ve won the league more typically with a return in the high 70s or low 80s. Leverkusen are on course to smash that though (current prorated return of 91 points) The best Bayern have done in this recent winning run is 88 in Pep’s final season, and even that wouldnt have stood up to what Xabi has his lot on course to achieve (of course, on course after 25 games is not the same thing as final total after 34 games).

1 Like

Kane brought the Spursy with him to Bayern.

Germany squad for the international break

Players dropped by Nagelsmann

2 Likes

Are the matches on RTL or Das Erste/ZDF?

vs France ZDF

vs Netherlands RTL

Stuttgart with 56 points - best third placed Bundesliga team ever after 26 matches.

As things stand one of Dortmund or Leipzig will miss out on CL.

3 Likes

Leverkusen leading 3-1, 30 minutes to go.

1 Like

Christian Streich (58) has confirmed to step down as Freiburg coach at the end of the season. He has been there for 12 years.

Could be one to take the job for the national team from Nagelsmann for a short time before Klopp takes over.

He’s a colorful, likeable character. The Bundesliga will lose something when he goes.

2 Likes

Wirtz scored against France 10 seconds after kickoff.

4 Likes

I thought it was 8!

2 Likes

Regarding Klopp eventually becoming the Bundestrainer, how would his perceived antagonism to Bayern go down? I take it most of the country shares his opinion and probably enjoys it, but how much influence do Bayern have with the DFB? Would they have a problem with it? Do you have enough weight to make it difficult for him, especially in a situation were he to make a selection that overlooked a Bayern player?

Doesn’t exist.

Actually think Klopp will also take over the Bayern job before the end of his career.

I was just looking up to see how the Wirtz goal rated in the fastest international goals of all time and, amazingly, that record was broken earlier today with Baumgartner scoring in 6 seconds for Austria against Slovakia.

Goals straight from kick off are very rare in international football but two in a day is unheard of.

3 Likes

Fix

0:2
Havertz

Wow

1 Like

Really? Don’t see that happening myself, but I suppose anything is possible.

1 Like