Bundesliga / German NT

I can’t see them announcing it while we are both in the EL.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/i/status/1764258326957678658

2018-19: 78 points
2019-20: 82 points
2020-21: 78 points
2021-22: 77 points
2022-23: 71 points

Only once in last five seasons a club (Yeah, yeah, it’s Bayern) needed more than 80 points to become champions. The odds are good for Leverkusen.

I Hope Please GIF

Poor bloke. That is one hell of a bobble.

1 Like

Every goalie has done that at least once.

Luckily mine came off the post and went for a corner :joy:

1 Like

:joy:

Sebastian Hoeneß has extended his contract at Stuttgart.

Many believed he was one of the candidates to replace Xabi or Tuchel.

I am sure we’ll see him at Bayern in a few years (he is the nephew of Uli Hoeneß) but surely too early after one very good year.

2 Likes

Grimaldo rivalling Endo as the signing of the summer…that was genius.

How did no one poach him from Benfica before the summer?

Because we have two LBs

Not just us but anyone. Barca and Madrid both badly in need of LB’s.

Leverkusen up 1-0

1 Like

FT 2-0. Ten points ahead. Six more wins needed.

3 Likes

Incredible. They are an absolute winning machine.

5 Likes

Saarbrucken continue their crazy run in the cup, into the Semi Final now.

Which effectively guarantees a Bundesliga 2 or Liga 3 club in the final.

Leverkusen now the only Bundesliga top flight team in it.

6 Likes

And the semi is against Kaiserslautern. To Saarbrücken ( my hometown team ) KL is what ManUre is to LFC, This is gonna be a big night.

5 Likes

Sure , except that Grimaldo isn’t being used as a LB. It’s more about how well Xabi has used him in a more midfield position. Similar in some regards to Conte using Victor Moses as a WB and winning the league.

Grimaldo mainly plays LWB, but Leverkusen sometimes play with him higher, sometimes deeper. He can have a lot of touches on the ball and obviously his attacking numbers are impressive, but he isn’t really your classic physical up and down wing back. Frimpong on the other side plays more often higher than Grimaldo.

1 Like

Bayern hasn’t done too badly this year. If you compare their points per game w.r.t previous seasons where Bayern’s won , This season was better than the last year(where BAyern did win) and on par with the 78 point season in 2018-2019. There’s every chance that Bayern will get to 80 points this season. While it might have been enough in previous seasons to win , It won’t be enough this season.

It’s just that Leverkusen are having an unbelievable season. Leverkusen’s performance is all the more impressive considering that it wasn’t an off-performing season for Bayern (like what it was for Leicester when the other teams just didn’t turn up). Bayern are performing to roughly the same levels as the previous years.

2 Likes

Kane was saying something similar the other day, how it’s more down to the impressive fact that Leverkusen haven’t lost any games. Still, there’s many questions about Bayern on and off the pitch. I see Max Eberl has started his work there recently, I expect them to have a look at everything, not only on the pitch, but a multiple of meh decisions.

Saarbrucken vs Kaiserslautern
Leverkusen vs Dusseldorf

1 Like