Bundesliga / German NT

My young bloke attends many Union games and was lucky enough to be at the match yesterday.

So I wore my Union cap on the golf course in Sydney today.

3 Likes

I’m officially ruling myself out of the running for the Munich job. Mynadd.

Won’t officially rule myself out of the bayern job but if they want me they had better make a damn good offer and be quick about it.

My services are in high demand and the window to snap up such a bargin manager will surely close quickly

1 Like

Just found this on bbc gossip page.

Outgoing Brighton manager Roberto de Zerbi is Bayern Munich’s top target to replace Thomas Tuchel. (Bild)

Bayern Munich and De Zerbi have decided they will not be working together. (Fabrizio Romano)

So begs the question, who is more full of B/S Bild or Romano?

1 Like

I thought Eberl had ruled out de Zerbi (or rather an Italian manager)? Though, tbf, apparently that doesn’t mean much these days at Bayern.

1 Like

I saw that as well, then I saw these 2 tweets on bbc contradicting each other. So is Bild full of shyte or is ROmano full of shyte?

Probably both based on previous form.

2 Likes

Don’t know, not sure Bayern themselves know anything for sure at this point. That being said, Bild is full of shyte, even when they’re occasionally reporting something correctly. You can’t wash off decades of shyte with a few drops of water.

1 Like

Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

I think at the point where the incumbent Bayern manager is calmly stating that he won’t be the manager next year in a press conference, nobody at that club and therefore no one getting tipped off actually knows what is going to happen. De Zerbi was probably out of the running two months ago, who knows now?

It is actually both impressive and amusing how much of an asshole Tuchel is.

Eberl interview where he ruled out an Italian manager was yesterday.
Tuchel is an impressive asshole, but Bayern have actually managed to make him look like the moral winner in the public eye which is even more impressive.

1 Like

My brother is a Bayern fan, and about a year ago he convinced me of the merits of watching that Amazon series. I got about two episodes in before I could not tolerate the smarmy arrogance and the disconnect between how they view themselves and how I see them (i.e. the pride in the ‘never say die’ spirt of Bayern they talk about, versus what I see as a chronically underachieving club in Europe - caused by regularly dominating a domestic league they keep buying).

I am thinking that it will be more interesting watching now, as the likes of Kahn pontificate about the ‘Bayern way’.

4 Likes

What went wrong there?

1 Like

My brother is an Everton fan. I think they dropped him on his head as a baby.

3 Likes

Berlin is full of Cottbus fans.

He bought a BMW on one of those ‘pick it up at the factory and tour Europe’ arrangements, and timed to see a couple of Bayern matches (CL and BL) in Munich, and ended up getting into an away match as well. I believe the pick-up is actually really close to the Allianz Arena. To Bayern’s credit, they put on a slick package with BMW, he was really impressed and had a good time.

His Italian team is Inter (mine is Milan), and his PL team is West Ham, so lots has gone wrong…

3 Likes

I see.Yeah tbf, that does sound like he would fit right in.

2 Likes

I think it is the highest point haul in that league. And considering its a 34 match league , one which likely won’t be broken anytime soon.

This is the single greatest season for a club.

2 Likes

My sympathies.

1 Like

Bayern had 91 in 2012/13 (W29, D4, L1)

2 Likes