Bundesliga / German NT

Enough said :grin:

Leverkusen has fired Peter Bosz :clap: :clap: :clap:

Any idea about Hannes Wolf???

1 Like

Another one from the German ‘laptop coach generation’ - young managers who never played at a high level.

Hannes Wolf was a youth coach at Dortmund while Klopp was there.

He is going to stay at Leverkusen until the end of the season and then go back to his current role as youth coach for the national team.

2 Likes

Oh. So Leverkusen will be searching for a permanent manager. I recommend Ralph Hasenhüttl :wink: .

1 Like

His little jump just as the player shoots > anyone else’s footwork. It’s a part where I think he steals milliseconds and millimetres by fantastic reading and it allows him to maximise the ability to get somewhere as balanced and as quickly as possible.

Also look at the way he spreads himself 1v1, like a ballet dancer.

And these are only saves, not his game in possession and coming out of his box. And only clips from Bayern, not Germany as well.

Best goalie I’ve seen in my folllowing and quite comfortably so.

2 Likes

Oliver Kahn???

Kahn was a great leader but ability wise Neuer is much better.

And if we talk best modern keeper than nobody can match Manuel Neuer - the prototype sweeper keeper.

6 Likes

Nueur was superb for a few years then went off and then came back and at the moment is the best his sweeper keeper stuff is far supreme to the likes of Ederson who they often bang on about.

2 Likes

It also depends which exact part of it. There are different technical actions in possession and what they do by moving from their comfort zone. Ederson’s kicking with his left foot is outstanding. But overall I think there’s no doubt that Neuer epitomizes the ultimate modern goalkeeper. Both in style and quality.

I think Ederson is reckless where I’ve never Neuer even look in danger of course it has happened but it is the league I tend to watch after Spain and England

1 Like

Interesting claim. What about Buffon? I’d still rate him as the top goalie I’ve seen in the time I’ve followed football. But Neuer certainly makes a claim for himself, no doubt about that.

Buffon is surely up there. I think he’s generally the most likeable goalie of modern age, I don’t know someone who doesn’t like him. I think Neuer is more complete.

2 Likes

My fave was always Casillas, I think it’s the fact we are of a similar height.

1 Like

Sevilla vs. Atletico this week. Hopefully the international break has rejuvenated Suarez enough to launch the final push for the title. Barcelona and Real are facing relegation fodders so not much help on that front.

2 Likes

Leipzig vs. Bayern this week. Not confident with agent Upamecano hiding among the Bulls.

1 Like

Since my favorite bangladeshi wanted to do some preview on the weekend.

Leipzig vs Bayern without Boateng, Davies and Lewandowski. If Leipzig are serious about titles they should win this one.

More important.
Dortmund without Emre Can and Sancho against Frankfurt who are 4 points ahead of them for a Top 4 finish.

With 8 games to go this is actually a must win for Dortmund.

2 Likes

The way his agents are hawking Haaland around, I wonder how much discipline and spirit exists in Dortmund dressing room.

He is the one who carries the team.

But I think he also knows that not many teams can get the money together to sign him this summer. If Dortmund misses out on CL he might be ‘stuck’ there for another year.

https://youtu.be/qvTOeExuciA

His reaction after a draw the other week says a lot.

1 Like

On the other side, Dortmund might be more willing to do business if they miss out on CL or Europe completely (I guess they will manage to secure EL football after all). Maybe not more willing, but it could be easier for them to accept losing him and perhaps better to do it a year in advance than wait for the lower clause to be activated. That’s certainly not something they planned last summer, not to be in at least a comfortable CL position, if not get closer to Bayern (the position Leipzig are in now).

2 Likes