Bundesliga / German NT

Got a massive soft spot for St Pauli.

Any team that walks ou to Hell’s Bells is alright in my book :metal:

5 Likes

I wonder then if Jesse Marsch gets the Leipzig job. He has been linked with Celtic but he also made some cryptic remarks over the weekend about a possible departure from Salzburg.

1 Like

Nagelsmann to Bayern confirmed. They will pay a fee that can rise up to €25m.

1 Like

No surprises there really.

I find it really disappointing that no one can actually get up to challenge Bayern in the Bundesliga - they just continue to take the best players/coaches, leaving no one with a look in. Albeit RBL are disliked in Germany, they’ve been decent and it’s a shame Julian hasn’t stayed there to try and actually get a different champion in Germany. Sell out?

No different to Juve and PSG really - waltz to title after title. Shit league…I said it.

1 Like

I see Goretzka will have a year left this summer.

Must be close to the top of Bayern’s reneval priorities.

Any links with some other top clubs?

No surprise. RB Leipzig confirm Jesse March as their new coach.

Wonder no more! :slight_smile: That should be an interesting appointment, I liked Marsch purely from the personality side. Here’s a chance to prove that he can propel Leipzig forward and solidify their second-placed finish in Bundesliga. (yeah, I’m always bitter about Bayern)

2 Likes

Really interesting he’s turning Tottenham down to join Leipzig. Says a lot on several levels. I love the guy and his coaching style and can’t wait to see what he does in BL. The Prem will always be there down the line.

I know Hans-Dieter (Hansi) Flick is going to be the NT coach, but it would have been a nice kick in the balls for Bayern if Leipzig could kidnap him. German League needs its next Klopp if it wants to preserve any semblance of competitiveness.

The cup final is going to be Leipzig vs. Dortmund.

Dortmunds fullback Mateu Morey suffered a serious knee injury when they were already 5-0 up yesterday.

1 Like

I would really love Leipzig to win the Cup.

On a separate note, what do you know about Holstein Kiel? They were in the semifinals and could sneak into Bundesliga as well.

All I know about Kiel is that they have a pretty good handball team.

:joy:

2 Likes

You know too much :stuck_out_tongue:
All I knew about Kiel is that there’s canal linking the sea or something.

There are probably more people in this place who call Football ‘Soccer’ in real life than people who know what Handball is.

6 Likes

Absolute must win for Hertha today v Mainz, each one here out is a must win. The silver lining (if any) is they actually have 3 matches in hand of the clubs around them at the bottom. They just have to make them count. But of course nothing coming easy today, Mainz has been in hot form recently, working themselves up the table.

1 Like

I would say it’s must not lose, another two games in hand and their goal difference looks better compared to the others.

I assume they also play Schalke, that should help their goal difference.

A point today and three back gives them more than a fighting chance with those two in hand against Freiburg and Schalke

1 Like

1-1

They have games against Bielefeld (30), Schalke (relegated), and Köln (29).

1 Like

Does not look good. The form they’re in no matches can be counted on as “freebies” anymore.

1 Like

:+1:

1 Like