Bundesliga / German NT

What a dick.

3 Likes

sounds like a proper cunt

The wierd thing is I don’t remember him ever being so cuntish when he was at Arsenal - or did I just not pay enough attention to notice?

2 Likes

He was always like that. He also said publicly on television about Ilkay Gündogan that he was very intelligent and speaks German really well. (Ilkay was born and raised in Germany btw)

3 Likes

ah, never paid too much attention to him so didn’t know that.

What a prick

2 Likes

As if Hertha Berlin needed more trouble.

2 Likes

Seems it’s improved them at this moment 2-0

Weird thing is they win that they still have Schalke as a game in hand

1 Like

3-0 :partying_face:

Level on points with Bremen (15) and Bielefeld (16) with a game in hand.

2 Likes

Have seen Hertha quite a bit and know a few fans, but I could never warm to them somehow. It’s partly the stadium, which is creepy as fück, and, even once you get past the Nazi thing, the running track means the fans are far from the action, which is an atmos-killer. There’s something else though, a lack of identity or character about the club. It’s hard to put a finger on it. Union are a different proposition.

1 Like

You’re not alone in how you feel. Hertha has struggled for a long time connecting with the supporters in the city. Which sounds very strange bc they are Berlin’s club. I just feel like the club has been mismanaged for so long and they’ve never really got their community outreach right. It also doesn’t help the city is still very much divided in ideology, even after all this time. But having said that, therein also was their biggest opportunity, to be a tremendous unifier of our city! They should be much further along. And I also don’t disagree with you about how it feels to view a match at Olympiastadion but it’s also an historic landmark. The history is undeniable and for me it’s an amazing feeling and sensation thinking about that.

Union is an entirely different feel and proposition entirely, in terms of visiting. The stadium is a cauldron. You are stacked on top of each other and it is loud and it is raucous. Outside it’s in an amazing part of town and the atmosphere is always a party. It’s night and day experience of Olympiastadion. Honestly speaking, Union’s match day experience can compete with anyone club in global football.

I haven’t been back since Union’s promotion as I’ve been in the States and because of the pandemic.

3 Likes

And yes what a win!! Very much a cause for celebration to leap out of that relegation zone.

2 Likes

Hopefully it’ll be possible to visit both next season NK

2 Likes

Yeah, wont be great viewing experience; specially from the lower tier. They should consider removing those tracks and making it a specialized football stadium. But considering it has already hosted the 2006 WC, maybe that’s not going to happen.

Well, it was built as an athletics stadium and is a historic building with a, let’s say, chequered, past. It would need a radical overhaul to make it into a proper football stadium. The really unnerving part, from my perspective, is outside, where there are a number of towers, like the one at the end of the picture, which make you feel as if you’re being observed. No doubt that was the intention.
Both Hertha and Union have stadiums which are far from the centre of town. They missed an opportunity in the early nineties when there was a lot of empty space in the middle of the city. That might have made it possible for Hertha to be a unifying team as NK mentioned. As it is, they are so far west that it’s a major trek for people in the eastern districts to make it to matches there and the reverse is true of Union. This has only cemented their identities as ‘Wessi’ and ‘Ossi’ clubs.

3 Likes

I’ve been in the Olympia stadium several times and it was always an incredible feeling and atmosphere. I get the point with the running track but it is what it is. As @Neukölln has said, it’s full of history and “big occasions” . I even watched Werder Bremen win a German Cup final there, doesn’t happened so often tbf. :wink:

Edit…

A location for a new stadium has been sought for several years now. Unfortunately, extremely difficult.

5 Likes

Yeah a full-house would be amazing. What’s modern record, I read it had 72K for the 2006 WC games.

1 Like

Bayern wins the League :nauseated_face:, even before kicking the ball :rage:, as bloody, fucking, Leipzig lost to Dortmund.

3 Likes

Another 3 points for Hertha. I get it, it was Schalke but any win will do. Not entirely safe yet, must beat Köln at the weekend.

2 Likes

Don’t need to win it as there is day light.

Considering where they were a few weeks back

1 Like

Yeah, those dropped points against Biefield may prove costly.

1 Like

It would require Bremen and Biefeld as well as Augsburg to pick up points.

Not sure I’m looking at quite the same table as you guys, a point was good for HB in that game.

1 Like