Bundesliga / German NT

Haaland is an absolute mentality beast.

94th minute. Already scored 3 and assisted two and he was still mad that his team did not help him with an attack.

1 Like

Dunno he was injured for most of that season and was playing under Uncle Roy after that he showed up against Wolves, who knows whether he would have returned to some of the old style under Kenny.

Bayern vs Dortmund, Super cup, starts in 35 minutes, should be good

1 Like

I really hate this Super Cup concept.

So far it is an entertaining match, both teams play to win at a high tempo. Think the ref has a ‘small’ bias in favour of Bayern though. :innocent:

Nice hit that from Reus.

Dortmund are playing well now. Bayern look pretty vulnerable defensively.

Gift from Akanji
3-1 Bayern

We really need to get Bellingham as long term replacement for Hendo

1 Like

Just superb balance in his overall game…

2 Likes

Is t Bellingham more of a winger?

Why?

It’s rather pointless, isn’t it?

Have you ever seen anyone drowning in despair for losing a Super Cup? Neither will you see anyone raving about winning the Super Cup.

Well, it depends. I don’t think anyone who watched this game would say it was pointless, this was a proper game, it was obvious both teams really wanted to win this and set the tone for the season. So I think it depends on circumstances.

Generally I tend to see the national super cups as highly competitive training games though, an opportunity to see where you’re at and maybe test a couple of things. Good if you win it, not many worries if you don’t.

Different with the European super cup, that’s a pretty big bucket to win in my book. Literally as well, I guess.

Don’t know how it is in other big leagues, but I’d say in England there’s perhaps a problem with those Community Shields that were shared in the past when it was a draw. How do we count it then and how do we evaulate it? Just count the ones that were won or simply put that competition aside from the major ones? Yeah, for me, it’s not just a friendly, but it’s not a major trophy either. Obvioulsy good to win it as morale boost before the start of the season. I agree that the European one is much more important for me.

@Zoran That’s a good point. It could be the vibe around the Community shield has warped my view of the Super cup in other big domestic leagues. Maybe it’s more of a thing in for example Italy and Spain than I give it credit for…?

I think it might be, yeah. Don’t know if there are other examples across big leagues of the trophy ever being shared in case of draws. Shame there were not at least penalties to decide the outcome. So how can we even count something that often had two winners on paper…

Depends which one your talking about
Older one is more of a cm
Younger one more of a wide man

2 Likes

I personally like the super cups / community shield concept.

Where as I view it as a bit more than a friendly I really want us to win it when we are in it.

I’ve been thé thé shield twice and we’ve lost both times.

V Arsenal at Cardiff and V City at Wembley.

I for one was gutted we lost even though it was “just” the community shield

(PS the name for that is shit aint it)

1 Like

Central midfield