Bundesliga / German NT

Proof how sometimes a good fit on paper at an organized place like RB doesn’t have to work out. Sometimes the level compared to Austria is more evident also.

1 Like

Aye, I’m sometimes critical of players who look for excuses, but once you bring in a ref for a key game whose integrity has already shown to be faulty then you’re never going a lose a game under him and not wonder.

4 Likes

Freiburg destroying Gladbach 6:0 at half. Looks like a video game.

And Hertha draw with Stuttgart 2:2, first match with Korkut in charge. :no_mouth:

Jan Åge is a bit too good at making people talk. He has something as a football journalist, managers and players just open up to him. It is sort of strange to see at times. But I am glad he exists as a football journalist as he is certainly the man who gets the most in depth interviews post match with managers and players that I know of.

1 Like

@Neukölln Did you see the epic interview he did with Mourinho after Roma got a draw against Bodø/Glimt at home ? Mourinho tried to bully him into answering the questions himself and it just didn’t work. And then the interview got very, very interesting !

Edit: This one: https://twitter.com/JanAageFjortoft/status/1456389701108224007

He used to be one of the top contender for the biggest jobs in Europe. I take it that his team has had a terrible season.

1 Like

Does the BuLi have a similar rule as the PL about not questioning the integrity/competence of referees?

Ouch.

Also, does the fine suggest he’s on £34k/week at Dortmund?

1 Like

Holy f*ck, Muller is already on 15 assists so far this season.

His record in a single full season is 26.

2 Likes

If Stuttgart get even 1 point v Köln tomorrow Hertha will be officially be in the drop zone.

Hertha fortunate this evening’s match v Dortmund is the last before the winter break. Obviously my hope is the coaches properly use the winter break to get a few ideas sorted.

That said, I have no idea what Fredi Bobic is doing, or what his vision for the direction of the club may be. For his great reputation he’s only made a bigger mess at Hertha.

EDIT: massive 3 points. I did not expect that against Dortmund.

Don’t know which result was more surprising, Bielefeld beating Leipzig or Hertha beating Dortmund.

Don’t think Leipzig will make the CL next season with their new coach Tedesco.

Gladbach have confirmed that Ginter and Zakaria will leave on a free next summer.

Don’t know them, something for us?

Frankfurt was 2-0 up, but Dortmund scored 2 goals in 87th & 89th minutes to complete a come back in regulation time. 2-3. Should be enough to hold on in the add-on time.

Kingsley Coman has signed a new deal with Bayern until 2027.

Alphonso Davies out indefinitely with myocarditis due to covid. That truly sucks - huge qualifier coming up at the end of the month for Canada, against the US. Apparently mild, but still concerning

I’m not a big fan of Bayern, to put it mildly, but these news are dreadful, especially taking into account that he’s such a nice character, a real rarity in football nowadays. Here’s to speedy recovery.

4 Likes

Gutted - in Edmonton he reportedly spent an hour after the match signing autographs and doing selfies for kids after the Mexico match.