Bundesliga / German NT

Game called off. Good decision, I think, can’t have any of that. Oh to be the idiot who threw the beer, ruining the game for all the others in the ground.

2 Likes

Hopefully they never step foot in a ground.

1 Like

Never being allowed to attend a professional football game should minimum punishment for this guy and also people like the guy at Goodison yesterday.

1 Like

I think making them attend Goodison is a punishment.

Seriously though same goes for the dicks at Old Trafford.

1 Like

Hmm, game called off for a beer being thrown? Was it a glass bottle?

I’m all for these things being taken seriously, but that seems a bit over the top to me. Ban the guy for sure, but ruin the whole game?

Think there is a rule (not sure if that is in Germany only) that if an official gets attacked the game has to be called off.

There was a similar case in 2011. Punishment for home team was that they had to play one home match at least 50km from their City with a very small capacity of fans allowed.

1 Like

Didnt seem to be listening to the players who went over, seem to be arguing it was nothing from the gestures I saw.

I think if you’ve got that attitude then what can you do.

1 Like
  1. Leverkusen 45 pts
  2. Leipzig 44 pts
  3. Freiburg 44 pts
  4. Hoffenheim 44 pts
3 Likes

If you wanted to be particularly cruel, make them attend Woodison sober

All teams who’d struggle to test Brighton

1 Like

Hey German people.

Just wondered what your views were (if any) on Eintracht Braunschweig. Or how they are generally thought of in Germany. Just for my own interest/curiousity.

I doubt anyone ever thinks about them to be honest, unless you live in Braunschweig, but then you would have other problems to deal with.

3 Likes

Yep. Sharks.

Well they are just down the road from me, although that road is the B214 so it’s a bit like saying Celtic are just down the road from Liverpool.

It’s not really a team that I hear mentioned much other than whatever their result was on the 3. Liga roundup. The do seem to have a decent following, though. Just curious why you were interested in them?

3 Likes

Yep, the moment in between reading the posts and typing just now has literally been the first time I’ve been thinking about them in years and possibly the longest amount of time I’ve spent doing that ever.

2 Likes

I was just reading about the story of their sponsorship with Jägermeister in 1973. I personally think this looks cool as fuck. But I never heard of the club before, but I see they won a title once. It sounds like they are maybe like Preston North End or something. Founder members, won a league title, but been in the lower leagues so long that nobody thinks about them unless you draw them in the cup.

jager-Credit-merkur-online.de_

3 Likes

Yes, it’s classic pub quiz football trivia question material, especially the Jägermeister thing.

2 Likes

So it means Sammy Lee had a little Jagermeister in his pocket.

Sorry, Mr. Breitner!

Not a bad analogy really.

1 Like

However, Bayern made a mistake when substituting: In the 86th minute they were on the field with twelve players for around 20 seconds. Referee Christian Dingert was made aware of the mistake by Freiburg players and interrupted the game for several minutes. “I noticed that Niki comes in and no one goes out,” SC defender Nico Schlotterbeck told Sky TV. Apparently, before Kingsley Coman was substituted, the “29” was the Frenchman’s old shirt number instead of the current number “11”. As a result, Coman stayed on the field. SC Freiburg has until Monday to lodge a protest, but there were initially no signs of this. “We don’t have to do that because we are subject to a set of rules,” said SC coach Christian Streich. According to this set of rules, consequences for the game rating are not very likely, since nothing decisive happened during the short majority.