Bundesliga / German NT

My son’s guaranteed 17 home games as a pint puller next season with a full stadium of thirsty Stuttgart fans now they’re staying in the top league.

6 Likes

Prefer Patrik Schick myself.

It’s incredibly rare for the 1. BL club to lose the play off. They nearly always survive.
I hope Hertha stay up because I’m a Berliner and I want two top flight teams in my city!

4 Likes

Epic showdown Berlin vs Hamburg it is

2 Likes

And my City is exploding. Directly back into the BL in one season. Nice.

Just gotta survive the festivities tonight :laughing:

6 Likes

Greedy! Union not enough then? :laughing:

It’s weird how the two Berlin teams are actually right at opposite sides of the city. Union is in Köpenick and Hertha nearly Spandau. 23 kilometres. Just having one of them in the BL feels unbalanced somehow. Then you’ve got the East/West factor too (as with everything here) which is still important.
3.5 million people is a lot for just one top tier team.

3 Likes

:crossed_fingers: Thanks

I have soft spot for many German clubs (probably everyone except Bayern :laughing:) but Hertha is the first club I followed.

1 Like

I’m planning to visit in the autumn how easy is it to get tickets, I assume probably easier if HB went down.

1 Like

For Hertha it’s really easy. They play in a massive stadium. For Union it’s next to impossible because their stadium is miniscule.
You better hope that Hertha stay up because 2nd BL standard is not good.

3 Likes

Yeah I used to catch a few on BT when they had it over here (sky hardly show the Bundesliga let alone 2).

Cheers for the heads up though.

Looks like Schalke and Werder Bremen promoted and Herta vs Hamburg in the playoff on 19th and 23rd.

2 Likes

I’m confident Hertha has enough to get past Hamburg but they’re still a directionless club with an overpriced, shit side. I said in this thread months ago relegation was a real possibility, which I take no pleasure in saying. Windhorst publicly feuding with Gegenbauer is also a terrible look.

Meanwhile, Union made Europa league. So incredibly happy for them. Forsterei will be extra raucous next season.

7 Likes

All four of those should be BL teams.

1 Like

Marco Rose sacked by Dortmund.

Think that’s the 6th Bundesliga Club to part way with his coach since the league ended last weekend.

4 Likes

Since Klopp:

Thomas Tuchel
Peter Bosz
Peter Stoger
Lucien Favre
Edin Terzic
Marco Rose

I have a feeling that the problem is with the club management.

2 Likes

Could be. Maybe it’s about expectations and identity/model, a type of dissonance between the two. Seems to me like they kind of think they should challenge Bayern, without being in position to do so. Because nobody is, as long as Bayern do the right things, which they usually have done the last decade.

Maybe they’re chasing what they had with Klopp, the guy in the structure who made everything fall into place over a longer period, and created a situation where they maximised what they could do.

It’s not a bad situation now obviously, they’re CL regulars and pretty well positioned to take advantage if or when Bayern eventually have a down-season or period like they had for a few years around 2010. But it feels like there ideally should be some more stability at the head coach position.

3 Likes

Should be a lesson to us on what not to do post Klopp

2 Likes

I think the Dortmund management doesn’t even want to challenge for the titles. They probably think it’s impractical to have such lofty ambition. They want Champions League every season and wants a team just good enough for that. They will continue to sell 1-2 players for huge fees and invest that money in rebuilding the squad.

It’s hard for any coach to rebuild every season. Also, it’s hard to motivate your squad to fight when the lack of ambition is so apparent.

In other news, Hertha lost the home-leg of play-off :man_facepalming:

3 Likes

Taking this from the Who Would You Buy Thread to here…

The manner of several of Dortmund’s losses this year looked like the result of a poorly managed team. But I think that sort of inconsistency is also what you get when you load your team with young players.

1 Like