Bundesliga / German NT

20 minutes left to play in the German Cup final.

Freiburg 1-0 up against plastic club Leipzig who are down to 10 men.

Edit
1-1 Nkunku

Leipzig really haven’t recovered from selling both their CB

Too much importance is being given to Dortmund supposedly being the place for development of young stars and not enough to actually focussing on a team which can be champions. It is difficult to beat Bayern but the lineup of expensive transfers out of Dortmund after Klopp include Dembele , Sancho , Haaland and will soon have Bellingham as well. Good business model but not one that really makes sure that they challenge for the league.

Also most of their coaches appointed after Klopp have more to do with their ability to improve the youngsters (largely to sell for a profit).

RBL down to 10

and we got the better CB. I remember people rating Upemacano higher but Konate at this point seems to be better.

1 Like

Again , another club where the motto is to develop young players. Winning a league might be a bonus but the main impetus for the likes of Leverkusen , Leipzig & Dortmund (3 of the top 4 clubs) essentially seems to be the over-riding need to make big sales from selling young players. It is important to be a good business, but they need to have a balance to getting results and winning trophies as well.

Think Konate was their third choice CB for most parts last season.

Injuries played a part in that i reckon.

2 Likes

Penalties again

Leipzig has won it

That’s all i wanna say ffs

1 Like

First Austrian club to win the DFB-Pokal, it’s a historic achievement
(Edit: 3rd to win a German Cup)

1 Like

Leipzig! Really happy for them.

Sorry… :smile:

Definitely better suited to the English league Konate, with his physique. I thought at the time both Bayern and Liverpool got the player that was right for them, considering the stylistic differences in the teams.

In retrospect I wonder perhaps Bayern made the mistake of just throwing Upamecano straight in to basically be the senior/leading defender he was at Leipzig. Better situation for Konate at Liverpool, with a more gradual integration.

3 Likes

Hertha just won the second relegation game 2:0 vs HSV.

That’s it. They are staying in the 1BL.

Well done

4 Likes

Such an amazing escape. For so many reasons. Even I began to doubt coming into tonight down 0-1.

Now please do not let that happen again.

:pray:

8 Likes

Magath reminded me of Hodgson at times during the two matches.

3 Likes

Didn’t really expect that, but we’ll see how he does this time.

2 Likes

It’s not the worst idea to appoint him. He did ok in his interim period.

2 Likes

Yes, I in terms of results and how they looked I thought he maybe had done enough to get the job permanently the last time. But maybe they had decided on Marco Rose pretty early, so it was never really an option to keep him as head coach.

2 Likes