Bundesliga / German NT

Stay away from Leipzig, Wolfsburg and Hoffenheim - all a bit plastic in their own way.

1. Frankfurt (loudest stadium I’ve been to)

2. Dortmund

3. Köln (also a good atmosphere but especially the people from there are known for their relaxed, liberal, and tolerant attitude to life)

4. Stuttgart (best food I’ve ever had in a stadium :joy: )

5. Schalke (similar to Dortmund minus the good results :see_no_evil: )

5 Likes

Mainly just from my son saying that he had a good night out there.

We are planning to visit a few places around Europe which we have had on hold for a few years. Not football related for the most part - my wife has been arranging a trip to Liège for my birthday which fortunately doesn’t clash with any of our matches.

1 Like

That’s also on my wishlist. I’ve been to the city a couple of times for work related stuff. I thought it would be a nice weekend away with my wife. It would be good if I could encourage her to go for a match as well.

1 Like

Kouadio Koné today vs Hoffenheim
76% pass accuracy
10/14 ground duels won
8 ball recoveries
7 passes into final third
3 tackles
2 interceptions
2 clearances
6 times fouled.

Never heard of him.

Based on those numbers he should be signed on your FIFA team.

Is he any good in real life? :wink:

Very hard to get tickets. But you might know someone, who might be able to help

2 Likes

Thought it’s usually not sold out :face_with_peeking_eye:

Very kind of Bayern to blow this title race open even though I still expect them to win it by a canter.

2 Likes

This is sort of why I wanted BM in the CL that lay off was a long one even accounting for the World Cup.

It’s easy to have a good night out in Berlin without needing to go to the Olympiastadion.

As mentioned it’s a cavernous place with a running track. The pitch is miles away and the players are dots in the distance. On top of that, it’s surrounded by very menacing nazi watch towers which remind you of it’s unpleasant origins. I have been a few times and never enjoyed it as a stadium.

The best atmosphere I ever experienced there was at a Germany v Turkey international a couple of years ago. It was absolutely packed and rocking thanks to the ‘away’ fans.

I’d love to go to the Alte Försterei, but tickets are impossible to get hold of.

1 Like

There’s a lot I’d like to see in Berlin. Bit of family history there as well. My father was stationed there for a while and my mother-in-law did a runner from the DDR before the wall went up.

I’ve always liked to try and fit a football match in with touristy visits. I’ve had some really good visits in the past. Never a half and half wanker, mind. Always tried to get the home team unless it’s us.

1 Like

Brilliant play by Jude there to start that move for Dortmund’s 2nd…was OG in the end.

Bayer largely been the better side but Dortmund been clinical today.

One of my favourite football memories is driving through Veracruz on my way to the Mexican pacific coast, realizing there was a game on and stopping to take it in.

2 Likes

5 points difference between the top 6 sides.

Fun.

Bayern’s current RB options on paper:

Cancelo, Mazraoui, Pavard, Stanisic, Sarr.

Although of course, Mazraoui is out injured, Pavard and Stanisic are both able to play CB, Sarr was a weird move as he’s never used.

Could see Pavard going somewhere else for a new challenge this summer, perhaps a team playing 3 at the back would suit him best.

5 Bundesliga wins in a row, from 17th to 8th place. Xabi Alonso.:wave:

1 Like

lost their last game?

Could be last 2 :grimacing::rofl:

Leverkusen are terrible.

Bar the shot from Diaby first half which hit the post they’ve really fallen flat…that Hlozek didn’t have a kick and honestly looks 1 of the worst strikers in Europe.

Never once looked like getting back in the game.

World cancer awareness day.

Don’t forget to check your balls guys.

2 Likes