Bundesliga / German NT

So, ummm, what’s going on here then?

1 Like

I think that what he did is so provocative that it could make opposition players lose their heads in the heat of the moment. I am happy he got a yellow after having watched it. I am not saying that he did something awful, he didn’t, but it was not “nice”.

2 Likes

I don’t know - I don’t think it was that bad. He didn’t get on his knees and head it in, or back heel it, or nudge it over the line with his arse. He merely dribbled the ball slowly to the line whilst looking over his shoulder, then hit it in when one of the opposition belatedly decided to come and challenge him. If the opposition are going to allow him to score without any pressure that’s their fault, imo.

Equally, the way they just didn’t even try and prevent the goal made it look like there was some reason why play ought to stop. The way he looked around made it look like he was wondering whether the game had been stopped for some reason. I initially thought he’d been booked for kicking the ball away when the ref had blown the whistle for some infringement but no, he was booked for simply walking the ball into the net when under no pressure.

I think that’s very harsh.

1 Like

Maybe. I don’t really know either. But I understand why the ref gave the yellow. I think it is borderline. I think it is a yellow only because of norms and that it can make opposition players angry, but for sure, what he did was’t awful or anything like that.
In ski sports in Norway, our guys do much worse, since it is all about humiliating the Swedes :wink:

2 Likes

I think I prefer it when showboating goes wrong :wink:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWD1yVLqbpY

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s more fun for the neutral for sure ! :smiley:

2 Likes

Yeah just seen this, all I can think of ungentlemanly conduct?

1 Like

Reckless tackle by Emre Can in the box. Penalty and a yellow card. Dortmund 0-1 Stuttgart.

1 Like

Never seen those words together before.

2 Likes

I was up to 1-2, stepped away to do some laundry, came back and it was 1-4! Must be 2 quick goals. Rolling back the PVR now to catch up with the 2 goals.

Oh, Dortmund was falling asleep right after Can was subbed off.

1 Like

Dortmund got completely ripped apart. 1-5 Stuttgart.

2 Likes

Is this the end for Favre?

2 Likes

How can 28% possession equate to four more goals than the opposition? Stuttgart weren’t playing Man City.

1 Like

Going by his previous track record, he’ll throw in the towel very quickly. Hopefully.

1 Like

Screw Dortmund, Union is leading against Bayern

:heart_eyes: :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Union scored less than 5 minutes into the match. That was a beautiful header to the far post.

2 Likes

Argh! Taiwo Awoniyi missed! Could have been 2-0.

2 Likes

Taiwo Awoniyi just missed another one. If only his toes / boots are about an inch longer.

2 Likes

All the missed chances by Union, now Lewandowski nets one to put it 1-1.

2 Likes

:nauseated_face: :sob:

1 Like