Bundesliga / German NT

Normally I would say that’s a really well earned point, David v Goliath, but Union should have pocketed all 3. It was there. All that said, I just couldn’t be more impressed with the evolution of their side.

2 Likes

Lucien Favre sacked by Dortmund

Edit, Edin Terzic takes over (interim)

3 Likes

Long overdue if you ask me. Now, please go for Pochettino if you know what’s good for you, Dortmund!

3 Likes

No way. Pochettinho is angling for some big club.

Yeah… not to say that Dortmund are not a big club. They are, but I think Poch doesn’t want another “Spurs” project for his next job. Though that will also depend on timing and what’s out there in terms of offers. Language also might be a factor.

2 Likes

Better infrastructure than both Southampton and Tottenham (when he was there), league suited to his tactics, fantastic selection of some of the world’s best young players, Champions League football almost guaranteed every season… And he’s young enough as a manager. If I was him, I’d give it a thought. It’s not like he would be brought in to secure fourth spot every year, he’d be there to turn a club that’s roughly second-placed every year into a first-placed one - even if upstaging Bayern is a monumental task for any team and manager out there.

3 Likes

While every thing you pointed out is true, I think he now fancies himself as an elite manager deserving to be at some elite club.

Hah, I might have a soft spot for them, that’s true. :slight_smile: But I also think they are an elite manager away from becoming an elite club. That’s precisely what happened to Liverpool and I wish them nothing less, with games against Liverpool being an exception, obviously.

3 Likes

Mauricio Pochettino is looking for a glamour club (Barcelona, Real, PSG, JJ, Bayern) and that might be his downfall. Clubs like Roma, Napoli, Dortmund, Leipzig would have complemented his style and ethics and he would have complemented the culture of those clubs.

I think he will end up at Inter.

1 Like

If Poch was smart and put ego aside, he’d realise that the profile of Dortmund is more likely to give him the players that allow him to play his brand of football than he’d get at Real or Utd. Dortmund may in fact be the best fit for him in terms of giving him young, eager players who go there for the sole purpose of working their balls off so they can take the step in their career.

6 Likes

One important aspect that Dortmund chiefs might also take into consideration: would the likes of Lloris, Son, Eriksen, Kane have remained (for so long) had he not been their manager? That said, I’m not even sure that Dortmund chiefs want their best players to remain (I’m not being snide, maybe that’s just their business model because their sponsorships aren’t anywhere as lucrative as Bayern’s plus no fans for an entire year at least and so on) but they have invested comparatively huge amounts of money in the last two years without actually making a profit I’m not mistaken.

Maybe they were convinced Man United would bite and splash the cash for Sancho? That said, maybe the likes of Sancho and Haaland would stick around for a bit longer with a manager like Pochettino.

Also, the small matter of someone finally organising their defence, both in terms of goalkeeper, back line and collective pressing wouldn’t go amiss…

3 Likes

Oh no, just saw the news about Favreau being sacked by Dortmund FC. Well, I thought it was coming at some point. I thought he wasn’t the right fit really.

Wonder who will come now? I don’t think the club have gotten over Jurgen leaving really.

2 Likes

On Four-Four Two football magazine, a few years ago, Dortmund was considered the hippest club in Europe amongst the football elite, they had the ‘cool’ factor. Klopp was manager then.

5 Likes

It looks like Marco Rose from Gladbach will take over in the Summer.

2 Likes

What is he like? Is he a good fit?

1 Like

Oh, I thought they would try to bring Hasenhüttl in the summer.

That’s the point. In my opinion, Poch is now trying to be city slicker.

1 Like

Awoniyi just scored. Easy header.

2 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXjn_flQ4sE&list=PL3uJGozO1imd76i_CokQ5h78A2mWDqGT8&index=1

Bundesliga clip don’t even have replays of the goals. How do they hope to popularize it across the globe???

Live picture from the 'German Plastico’ Hoffenheim v Leipzig

4 Likes

Interesting to see it so tight seems to be three clubs in it, however that seems the case across Europe, weirdly enough in the top leagues our lead is the biggest at this point.

2 Likes