Calvin Ramsay (RB) Aberdeen

Comparing players for value purposes :thinking:

So what are Liverpool doing with Mane and why didn’t they accept the first offer Bayern made

2 Likes

Wheres the lean ffs?

As for last incoming…

Jon Hamm Crying GIF

David Maddock on Twitter: “Liverpool have agreed £6.5m deal for Calvin Ramsay. Takes summer spending close to £100m - and CONCLUDES incomings in this window. Jurgen Klopp ready to wait to make midfield his priority in summer 2023. Well known admirer of Jude Bellingham, who may be available then. #LFC” / Twitter

Mirror reporting the same. I think we’ve done quite well. My only concern is that if this is our last bit of business, does that not mean we’ve no real DM cover for Fabinho next season? Unless you count Hendo switching positions and Milly, who’s turning 37 and covers a number of other areas.

1 Like

Hendo only covers one other position and it’s this one we’ve just signed cover for. And if he doesn’t hit the ground running we do have Gomez as well.

1 Like

Not seen much of him, but given Klopp’s success with full back purchases for decent fee’s I’m pleased to have him joining. Another Scot in the team is nice, and he’s got some great players to learn from. Gomez also provides good RB cover.

I assume Neco will be sold (I’d personally rather no loans this time), and Calvin come’s in for a fraction of that fee.

1 Like

Would seen to be a formality now.

£64m + £4m = £68m. How’s that close to £100m :man_shrugging: :thinking:

1 Like

They’re including the bonuses so it’s 85m + 6.5m + 6m = 97.5m

1 Like

I know. But it’s not prudent to include potential bonuses, spread over two seasons, with guaranteed spending.

It’s like these people have never seen Christmas Vacation, or if they have didnt take in the lesson.

Christmas Vacation GIF by hero0fwar

1 Like

If the alternative is not having our main dm target , i am all for morton playing a lot more. Let the youngun prove himself.

Also trent reinvented as a deep lying playmaker does make some sense… Atleast going as per the past season when he is largely being used as a inverted wingback.

I expect klopp to further align his tactics based on how he sees trent evolving. As of now , hes in the top 3 rightbacks… What is the case 3 to 4 years down the line

There is a certain value to trent being able to ping in those early crosses especially when it comes to countering and while the opposition is shaping to attack.

That leaves a pathway for ramsay or anyone else to the first team.

That’s a long way from the £10m we have been hearing

1 Like

Yeah, to be fair @Route.Juan called it saying the media was plucking figures out of the air, and so it seems…

“See Rusty, no visible line”. Gorgeous, then the diving board :flushed:

1 Like

4.5m + 3m in add ons and a 20% sell on clause.