Calvin Ramsay (RB) Aberdeen

I’m kinda with you on the organs thing tbh, however while also squeamish about black pudding, I was served a posh version of it at some function or another, and it was incredible.

I probably still wouldn’t eat the greasy spoon version (especially having seen how it’s made), but it can be really good.

I take your word for it … :wink:

What does it taste? Please don’t say ‘haggis’.

As with most things, get good quality black puddings or haggis from a proper butcher, and you’re in for a treat. I love a bit of steak slice with black pudding - super yum.

Pay a quid for black pudding from a super market and you’re not going to enjoy it.

2 Likes

Not true. There are two brands- Macsween and Simon Howie- that do very good black pudding that’s both reasonably priced and widely available. Clonakilty is another one.

@norwegian_wood - a good haggis tastes of meat and light spicing. Think of a sausage with spicy (although not hot and fiery) seasoning. People tend to have this image of haggis being fatty and sickly- it’s nothing like that. All I can say is try it, and form your own judgment.

3 Likes

Never eaten haggis for obvious reasons, but accidentally had some black pudding that was hidden in a full english and it was fucking rank.

Anyway, Calvin won’t be happy when he logs in to see how the fans are reacting to his signing.

Excellent, sounds great to me :+1: Definitely trying that if or when I get the chance.

1 Like

Cool, so he’s done, we’re done and we get to spend the rest of the window chatting about organ meat, the £ to € exchange rate and which of our players makes the hottest woman.

Going to be a very long summer…

EDIT: just been in the Unreliable Rumours thread and it appears we’ll spend the summer debating which players need to go out on loan whilst also lamenting our depth in the areas in which they play. Fun times.

4 Likes

Don’t forget the 10 match criteria … :innocent:

1 Like

If only we could know who the midfielders are we might target next summer we could all get out ten games in during the season.

1 Like

Maybe you can get Macsween and Simon Howie for a quid a go - I dunno. But more often than not, the ones that are a quid a roll are crap from most super makerts.

I tend to buy em the super markets more than butchers, but I just choose to spend a few quid more to get one of the better ones. The point it, black pudding is nice if you spend a bit more - but I’m not suggesting we go spend £65m and wait for others to claim it’s £100m

1 Like

Perhaps from the National Team? Ramsay might not have played with Robbo, but I imagine if there was some talk in Scotland about him being a quality young talent, Robbo would have looked into him or heard some details he could have shared with the club?

That might be a stretch, but that’s the only thing I could think of.

consider yourself blocked! :wink:

2 Likes

TBH Ramsay stikes me as the type of loon who would prefer to eat a buttery! :wink:

1 Like

Cool video of him as a 13 year old.

4 Likes

If it does not work out with us he can take a job in the circus. :innocent:

1 Like

Nope, But atleast 20 odd first team appearances

Based on what?

Henderson should be competing with Fabinho for the 6 role. I don’t see where anybody else gets 20 appearances there unless they both get injured.

1 Like

Based on …

League cup / FA Cup and the substitute appearances in PL/CL and the 5 substitute allowance

I never said he had to start all those 20 matches.