Caoimhin KELLEHER: 2020/21

Reassuring PL debut from him.

If he continues this trajectory of development, it would be a good headache.

Alisson, if nothing goes wrong, has at least 4 years at a top level in our club, before he might consider going home as he said before.

If Kelleher continues developing well, will he play 2nd fiddle till he is 26?

Then again with Alison Becker currently you seem to be guaranteed 10-15 games a season if your a sub, deffo something to consider especially as we are one of the best clubs going at the moment.

World and English champions in fact.

3 Likes

TO be fair, Alisson played the whole season when he was in the first season with us. It was last season that had an extensive period of injury for him. He does not have a history of being injury prone in his previous seasons before coming to Liverpool, so it might be too early to determine whether in the long term, Alisson is going to continue to suffer injuries that keepers usually do not. But of course that could happen. But regardless, Kelleher, if he continues to play well like this when Alisson is out with injuries, especially in the scenario you mentioned, then he will demand to be recognized as first choice rather than just backup. It is a good headache but one I hope we have.

1 Like

We definitely need two goalkeepers that donā€™t see the drop off quite so drastically, It seems odd for a goalie to pick up a third injury in such a small space of time and hence why I said it, maybe theyā€™ve all been freak injuries and are a result of the period we are in. The shoulder one was a clash with Trent and this seems to be a hammy which is common at the moment.

I guess we will see but if I was Kelleher Iā€™d be optimistic about playing, and even if that was 10-15 games a season til my 26th it is still incredibly young for a goalie, and who knows he may even become that good he offers an challenge.

One thing is before the Ajax game I just couldnā€™t envisage two clean sheets with Becker injured as the game went on last night I felt comfortable on anything close to the goal, glad we didnā€™t see if he could save the penalty but if it had been 4-0 at that point I wouldnā€™t have minded a glance.

3 Likes

Itā€™s amazing how different he looks playing for the first team compared to the u23ā€™s, he looks confident on crosses good with ball on floor and very good passing, his form for u23 had me a bit worried he was playing against Ajax but he has been very good in both his starts.

2 Likes

He had his name spelt wrong on his kit vs wolves?

3 Likes

Thank fuck he doesnā€™t use his first name.

6 Likes

wellā€¦
nobody would have picked a mistake in his first name

4 Likes

Keyvin? easy. :grimacing:

1 Like

He should just call himself Kev.

Or Kevvo, if he wants to be proper Scouse.

2 Likes

I never realised how good this kid actually is; Adrian doesnt even get close. A most eligible understudy to Alisson, and a future Anfield No 1.

Marcelo Pitaluga does not approve this sentiment. :rage:

5 Likes

No but heā€™s future No 2! Outranked.

1 Like

Heā€™s been earning his letters one clean-sheet half at a time. If/when he concedes Henderson is tasked with ripping them off and he has to start from KELHR again.

Itā€™s called character building.

9 Likes

Yeah, saw that. Itā€™s actually okay as that second ā€œEā€ in his surname isnā€™t pronnounced or not as much? From what I understand.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Itā€™s only not pronounced if youā€™re saying it wrong :grinning:

6 Likes

Iā€™ve been calling him Quee-veen.

I think it was Dublin Red who told me how to say it. Cheers!

2 Likes

I think ā€œThat young Irish bloke who isnā€™t AdriĆ”nā€ is easier.

3 Likes

how do you pronounce his first name ?

1 Like

Kev.

I think.

2 Likes