Championship and Football League

They really should but it won’t make a difference really.

Not sure what the reasoning behind giving that to Moss.

1 Like

Kompany appointed as Burnley manager. Didnt see that coming!

Jon Dalh Tomasson takes charge of Blackburn

1 Like

Weird title by BBC. Why mention Newcastle where he played just 35 games? Why not Feyenoord or Milan?

Because he’s managing an English club and the BBC are British media. More readers will remember him for his time at Newcastle over other clubs - including me.

2 Likes
1 Like

Rooney quits as Derby manager.

1 Like

Not a surprise. Deal to buy the club falling through and losing a few of his key players from last season will make next season a nightmare

2 Likes

Agreed. No idea whether he’s any good as a manager but he’s had a hard time here after fwat fwank’s specious vanity spending brought the club to it’s knees. In contrast he’s shown loyalty to the club - almost* feel sorry for the granny rooting ManUtd and Everton playing potato head.

• But not quite.

He’s done no damage to his brand to be fair.

1 Like

@mattyhurst - I almost always like what you post and I’m not picking on you but…

Hearing this said in relation to a footballer

:face_vomiting: :face_vomiting:

1 Like

I know I hated it when I wrote it, I’m awake on 3 hours sleep and the only other word I can think of was image.

*reputation has come to me now :disappointed:

1 Like

I’m surprised Rooney stayed at Derby as long as he did, other managers would’ve jumped ship a long time ago. Fair play to him, he did his best, under very difficult circumstances.

3 Likes

How in the shit are Derby when they are looking at mike ashley as their saviour?

1. Bundesliga in Germany (18 teams) starts on Friday.

Championship with 24 teams doesn’t start until July 29th and then it’s going to have its usual grueling fixture list.

That’s 46 games + League Cup + FA Cup (+Playoffs)

Not sure if it’s so much fun to be a footballer in the Championship (and the lower leagues of course).

2 Likes

Well at least League 1 and League 2 run throughout the World Cup, Championship only restarts with a week and half of the tournament left.

It’s going be every wed/sat at times.

Might get a shock or two making it especially if they aren’t sending players.

I assume based on that Bundesliga 2 won’t play through it eithier. La Liga 2 and Serie B always go late anyhow, in fact I think La Liga 2 only finished a fortnight back technically.

2 Likes

Seems La Liga is going through the World Cup, the only one of the secondary leagues.

I’ve noticed bar Spain, France, Italy and Us all the other leagues effectively end in that second week of June and don’t return til the last week of Jan or first week of Feb.

Not sure that helps Bundesliga

Strange to see Cantwell still playing for Norwich, apparently Bournemouth didn’t take the option to buy and signed 1 year deal with Norwich.

1 Like

Wasn’t he supposed to be a big thing or am I confusing him with someone else?

1 Like

That’s the puzzle really. Then again what I saw of him for Bournemouth it’s perfectly understandable why they didn’t decide to spend 11m on him.

1 Like

Now the bugger is back at DC United in the MLS.

Can’t stay away it seems

1 Like