Championship and Football League

Championship season starts today, League One and League Two from Saturday.

2 Likes

Hope Huddlesfield batter 'em

1 Like

Burnley have been all over Huddersfield

Never knew Craig Bellers was assistant at Burnley?

Havent seen that guy in ages…looks fit enough to play.

that’s totally fucked. so DAZN maintained broadcast rights in Canada for Championship but lost the rights of Premiership to Fubo.TV which is just a mess. I’m not paying for both. I don’t even want to pay for Fubo.

Wow…did not know that. That’s it for DAZN for me. Bugger all rugby, now no PL? I am locked in until January, so CL group rounds I guess.

Our coverage in Canada now officially sucks.

1 Like

Thankfully my DAZN coverage only lasts til September. And the price hike too. They lost the biggest broadcasting right but the price still increased 30%, not to mention that they don’t have every Championship and League One match either.

2 Likes

Based (sort of) on what I have seen so far today in Championship, these 3 will gain promotion:

Sheff Utd
Sunderland
Norwich

Not necessarily in that order

Have you seen any of it :wink:

1 Like

Not getting any play today on ESPN+, but following along on my phone.

I’m a blind prognosticator! :rofl:

1 Like

I’ve read this a few times and none of it makes sense, why was playing the first fixture away, “not an option”.

That would have made the most sense, instead they’ve already got a fixture pile up.

Dumb, though the ownership of this whole club has never made sense.

That’s a special goal by Ismaila Sarr, take a bow son.

Goal from his own half.

Bizarrely, he would later take one of the lamest penalties you will ever see, easily saved.

Lovely finish but the goalie is too far off his line… not every half line goal is goal of the season.

I’d have saved it… only because I hardly ever went beyond the 18 yard box

What makes it a surprising goal is that usually those goals come off quick midfield turnovers or similar, but that was just off a defensive header. Ball comes out to him from the centre back, he turns, takes two steps, and goal.

I’ll be shocked if Burnley don’t win the league.

1 Like

Might be logistically an issue but I think further down the leagues they should moving kick offs to 6pm or later on Saturday especially in the south east.

Ismailia Sarr is a diving loser. I have zero idea, and never understood, what anyone sees in this player.

3 Likes

I just switched it on.

2 Likes