Championship and Football League

He’s just a good Darwin Nuñez.

1 Like

Troy Deeney could have broken that lads ankle.

Yellow card :see_no_evil:

Glad to see that COVID did not get him …

Just realized that Carroll plays, wears #2 and Paul Ince is the manager… with his darling Tom in the team as well.

Poor Reading.

Would love to see Blackburn Rovers and Burnley back in the Premier League. Two old local Lancashire clubs.

Both doing well at present.

1 Like

Is Ewood Park still half empty a lot of the time?

Don’t know if my memory is wrong over this one, but the first thing I remember about Blackburn when they were a regular PL side, was that how crap their atmosphere was.

1 Like

Average crowd 13,000 this season but they have been struggling for a while now… When I first started going to Anfield in the late 50s we were getting between 25000 & 40000+ in the old Div 2 but of course there weren’t the distractions. The Anfield capacity in those days was probably around 60000.

I think 1958/59 was my first season and I notice that the last two games after promotion was not possible were;

18-Apr-59 Ipswich Town|H|3–1|Melia 14’ Liddell 65’ A’Court 88’ Crowd 16,415

22-Apr-59 Scunthorpe United|H|3–0|Arnell 48’ Liddell 61’ Morris 73’ Crowd 11,976

1 Like

That Championship table is a thing of beauty. So many clubs still in the hunt for Top Six spots.

2 Likes

Just a shame Burnley sit top of it.

Fan base is meh but Kompany has got them playing decent football.

If Kompany manages to bring them straight up, changing a lot of the squad and somewhat the way of playing, that will be huge credit to him and his staff.

Thats what I was hoping Gerrard would do but some thought it was better to go to Scotland where there is no competition :confused:

I love how Charlie Adam looks exactly as he looked when he played for us 12 years ago, in fact he looks better.

Oooh, things not looking at all good at Crawley

1 Like

I bet Bradford and the other clubs are delighted they ignored the wankers on Twitter and rejected the idea.

1 Like

My favourite bit from the article:

“Tonight’s highlight was Johnson asking the fourth official at half-time how subs work. Whilst sat on the bench. Good luck, Crawley fans.”

Ted Lasso was a documentary!

I wonder if we may try and recall Balagizi. Pretty sure the only reason he joined in the first place was because Kevin Betsy was manager.

Before his injury he was one of the best players in the division.

Had forgotten he was there. Sounds like it has become a terrible place for a developing player.

Fucking hell thought he retired.