Championship and Football League

So gutted not to receive the call from Everton. It’s heartbreaking. :disappointed:

1 Like

My respects to him. Only followed his work from Stoke onwards. Styles aside, it was effective. And if it’s effective, I must at least respect it. I like to see quality executions of all kinds of styles (makes it more interesting) and Stoke was obviously one for a good few years in the PL.

There was something brilliant in watching Rory Delap launch catapult shots into the Arsenal box, and the fury of the Gunners fans.

It would have been funny to me as well had two 0:0s against his brutes not cost us the title in 2008/09!

1 Like

Good riddance!

Oh he seems generally a good guy.

The Conservatives describing him as some eco terrorist makes me like him even more.

Watched his interview with Nigel Farage on GBNews recently, he has the patience of a saint. Dale that is, not Nigel.

1 Like

Was Dale they guy that bought Forrest Green then forced his beliefs on everyone by insisting on the club only serving vegan food? Sounds like a right cunt in my view

Or am I getting him mixed up with someone else?

Well he says they only serve Vegan food at the ground, he also took them from nowhere to League 1, and you can buy none Vegan food outside the ground.

He wants to make the club a sustainable club I don’t see what is wrong with that with continued issues around climate which will lead to increased disruption due to weather, all these football clubs wanking themselves silly over Middle Eastern money will eventually look foolish if nothing is done about climate change.

There is nothing forcing people to eat any Vegan food at the ground? If you go to Anfield they don’t force you to eat at the stadium.

6 Likes

What a weird thing to get upset about.

So your fine with someone forcing their personal view on others simply because they have money?

I hear what you’re saying, but nobody is forcing you to eat the food.

PS…french fries are vegan :slight_smile:

1 Like

Unless I am force fed vegan burgers when I get to the stadium then its not being forced on me.

2 Likes

But by denying you the choice it is being forced on you, unless you decide to not eat.

Not really a great alternative is it?

Yeah when I go to Anfield I have the choice of buying a Sausage roll for a decent price outside the ground at the bakery on the corner or paying a mark up of 4 times that in the ground.

I also have a choice of having a pint at the pub or again paying a premium for the watered down cack in the ground.

We all have choices of when we enter the ground, frankly when I go to Anfield I’ll probably only purchase a coffee and come well fed from town. I think the only time I ever bought food at a ground was evening kick offs, but as I said it’s a choice.

I care about the future of the planet maybe you don’t that’s your choice. Like this guys choice is to say all food within the ground is Vegan/Veggie and the new ground Itself will be fully built by sustainable material and powered by sustainable energy. FGR fans aren’t pitchforking the ownership because they know they have options.

I think if football is not to collapse in on itself then more people like that are needed in football and less of the types at Newcastle and Man City not to mention the former owner of Chelsea.

5 Likes

Its ok to force your views on others if you’re right…

But seriously… I’d hope his intentions were made clear when he was buying the club and that the offer was accepted knowing what he was planning for the club.

I don’t think it’s a big deal though, no one should expect to always have the option purchasing animal products where ever they are. In my book it It is no where near as big as an over step of power as the Cardiff chairman changing the colour of the strip for instance.

1 Like

By extension, clubs which provide shite food are denying me the choice of good food, unless I decide not to eat. Not really a great alternative, is it?

3 Likes

That’s most football clubs :rofl:

Ok, so lets spin this another way. Joe Bloggs buys X football club and decides to only buy white players and allow white fans into the ground.

Is this ok cause those of colour can visit places around the ground?

Well I think that might break the Equality act and several other laws.

We get it you dislike the guy because he restricts the serving of certain foods at a ground I assume you’ve never actually been to? Sorry to disappoint but when I visited there wasn’t a mass campaign outside from the farmers union.

1 Like