Championship and Football League

Jinxed that :grimacing:

Step forward baby t-rex arms :rofl:

Not saying a word

1 Like

https://twitter.com/kevinhatchard/status/1654225175846572032?s=20

Well done to the Terriers!! They are staying up. Neil Warnock worked a miracle. I have a soft spot for him and Ian Holloway.

2 Likes

I don’t he is a right Colin.

He always writes a poem to his wife. Away from football, he is a nice guy.

They’ve turned down the removal of the blackout completely (really could see tv companies pushing that on European football when deals come up) but massively expanded games shown with the whole lot on during the international break.

How did your brother end up supporting Boro?

If hes not from Middlesbrough then I’m going to guess it has something to do with Juninho.

1 Like

@Sweeting may be on to something. As a young man, my brother traveled in England. He was there on Relegation Day '97, and the drama of Boro going down, Juninho on the pitch afterward, won over his affection for lost causes. Been a supporter ever since.

2 Likes

Was hoping Sheff Wednesday could get auto promotion, but alas not to be.

They are going to finish 3 in League One—does that have any seeding advantages in the playoff?

Usually 3rd plays 6th and 4th plays 5th in a 2 legged tie with the winners meeting at Wembley so it is laid out to be that way but if the teams from 3rd-6th finish say 3-4 points from each other then of course there’s no real advantage. Think they may also be away first leg.

1 Like

Also usually 5th or 6th has come in on a late run and is in form, 3rd sometimes hasn’t had much to do for a month and hence why I don’t think 3rd does as well as you’d expect.

Not a huge fan of play off games tbh, if Wednesday or Luton weren’t both to get promoted despite finishing clear of the teams in 4th-6th…it wouldn’t sit right.

3 Likes

And there is also none of that “away goals” falderal either?

No, don’t think that’s ever been a rule in the EFL…could be wrong though. Tie on agg after the 2nd leg and straight to ET.

1 Like

I agree with that point when it’s Notts County but third place to me isn’t an achievement, if you were to expand it and allow third a route into the final that may work.

But NC have a semi final one game shoot out tomorrow as runners up a whole 23 points clear.

Considering it’s the playoff for the football league both Chesterfield and with the last kick of normal time Notts County make the final.

Hopefully Coventry and either Sunderland or Blackburn get into the plays offs today.

Urgh, howler defensively from Blackburn. Now Millwall 3-1 up.

1 Like

That should be the top 6 cemented as it stands now. Milwall 2 quick fire goals.

Replay of Boro and Coventry and Luton v Milwall.