Championship and Football League

Blackburn back to 3-3 fingers crossed they hold on wouldn’t want Millwall in the PL.

Haven’t got much a chance of getting in themselves as Sunderland up by 3 now.

Crazy game at the Den.

Some fucking game.

Millwall almost gone and blown it entirely, Brereton Diaz has his header cleared off the line onto the bar and out.

Crazy, crazy stuff.

Blackburn now ahead.

Couldn’t have happened to a nicer bunch

I’ll be surprised if Brereton Diaz is still playing championship football next season.

Luton v Sunderland
Middlesbrough v Coventry

Not the four you’d have expected to be competing for promotion at the start of the season.

Really hope Coventry do it

As long as it’s either them or Coventry for me. Always like to see a new mix of teams.

101 points in the Championship, chapeau to Burnley and Kompany. Remarkable job.

Other than that, I wouldn’t mind Sunderland back in the PL.

2 Likes

Sad state of affairs at Wigan it seems

https://twitter.com/secondtierpod/status/1656942065555587073?s=20

1 Like

Most of that squad is leaving on a free at the end of the season, maybe more depending on the language in the contracts around relegation to League One. Paying the expensive people who are out the door in two weeks has to rate fairly low as a priority in that situation.

Martin Kelly is there, at 33 this might be the end of the line for him.

1 Like

or he’ll end up at Wrexham LOL

I’m confused because this reads as a justification for not paying the wages?

1 Like

Justification? No, but if they are slipping into administration (which seems like a realistic possibility), it is something of an explanation. It sounds like some of the players/staff were paid, some weren’t. Not hard to work out the logic applied.

If there not paying staff it’s a bit of a joke.

Wigan were fine until that lot dodgy consortium a few years back.

2 Likes
1 Like

Sunderland v Luton on sky sports evening game.
Luton 1-0

1 Like

My issue with the North East teams is you get to about November and the stadiums are half full especially Boro.

And that’s even in the PL.

Though would be nice for Newcastle to have a derby like ours.

Looks like NC Vs CF is heading for Pens

Pens it is after the CF makes a last ditch tackle in the box anyhow lottery of pens decides the season, very entertaining game to be fair this conference playoff.

Notts County get football league and they deserve it really.

The sub keeper the hero.

3 Likes