Championship and Football League

Sunderland with a nice comeback win against Luton. Will be a tough one for them on Tuesday, but will quietly predict them to head to Wembley.

Sheff Wednesday fell apart against Peterborough. They will need a Barca/Origi-like comeback on Thursday in order to go through.

This one has me shaking my head.

Coventry Vs Middlesbrough a bit of a bore that I fell asleep though not to be unexpected it’s better to give yourselves a chance in the second leg.

Luton ahead on the night level in the tie.

Sunderland should have had a penalty there but not given.

Amusing is it hits both arms but one couldn’t be helped.

stream links?

Luton 2-0 up now, up in the tie.

1 Like

Luton PL dreams still alive.

2 Likes

Loved that game. Wigan had City in the league shortly before that final at Wembley and Martinez prepared things brilliantly. They were superb in their organization, tactical flexibility and execution. Very calm, knew in all phases of the game what they want to do. They needed a bit of luck of course, but they were in the game all day, competitive. One of the best underdog final wins in my football following.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/_the72/status/1658768116011106307?s=61&t=CHnRQ3uRWoyAgq-tzUnftA

Ban the cunt.

4 Likes

I can just imagine him singing “ Vindaloo, Vindaloo, Naa Naa!!

This one’s evenly poised still 0-0.

How did Coventry mess that up…it’s on a plate.

Coventry 1-0

Can’t say they haven’t deserved it, really good finish mind.

1 Like

Luton Vs Coventry

2 Likes

Would happily see eithier up, prefer Coventry simply due to what that fanbase has been through due to scummy owners but Luton would be a bit crazy.

I think Coventry will win due to the fact that Wembley will be more like what they are used to.

1 Like

I wouldn’t think Luton’s stadium, you can’t really call it a stadium, would meet Premier League standards. Have you seen the entrance to the away end?? It’s a tragedy waiting to happen.

Coventry was relegated in 2001, together with Cheaty …

1 Like

They’ve got plans in place for £10m of upgrades that would bring them up to standard if theybare promoted.

Without promotion they simply don’t have the finances to do it unfortunately.

Either side coming up is great, genuinely happy with this playoff final. I lean towards Luton just because the amount of money invested to what they are achieving is unbelievable.

3 Likes

I’m just glad they dont have that plastic pitch anymore :rofl: