Championship and Football League

We better be up for the extra physicality when we meet up next season. We tend not to do so well against such teams at the first instance

Getting ready for Barnsley-Sheff Wednesday. It will be 10am here, and does not look to have a US feed like ESPN+.

(Edit: it is being shown on ESPN+)

Anyway, up the Owls!

2 Likes

This game concludes the domestic season for me.

Can’t be arsed with the cup and especially not that champions league final.

Will probably watch the two Europa ones.

2 Likes

Pedestrian first half at Wembley. Wednesday with less possession, but getting a bit more scoring opportunities. Barnsley not going all in on attack…looking a tad conservative there.

Not a snoozer…but just a so-so match thus far

Clear penalty not given

Ref is an idiot

That’s a nasty challenge it has to be a red in my view.

Absolutely dumb.

Saying that the last angle looked like he may have slipped.

It’s Adam Phillips formerly of this parish. Didn’t recognise him.

Guy is late in his tackle no intention to injure the Wednesday player.

Ref and VAR are idiots, probably from Manchester :joy:

Bit silly though.

Intention doesn’t make any difference.

As per the FA Law 12 - Fouls and Misconduct

• SERIOUS FOUL PLAY

A tackle or challenge that endangers the safety of an opponent or uses excessive force or brutality must be sanctioned as serious foul play.

Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force or endangers the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play.

Games with water breaks are generally crap.

Saw that POS Howard Webb in the stands :face_vomiting:

Why do you think that? An English thing, because games with water breaks are ones being played in comparatively hot weather?

Probably due to heat I guess.

The World Cup had good ones so who knows. I just remember that Covid period was mostly filled with the worst games then again that was crowd too.

Games played in empty stadiums are almost always terrible. It is a genuinely weird atmosphere, not at all like just playing in a regular field. The sound bouncing off the stands is actually a little disorienting.

2 Likes

Yeah once the novelty wore off it just got depressing.

I liked the kick off times that was about it

Real shame for Adam Phillips to get sent off. He’s had a great season.

1 Like

Wednesday not creating many chances. Credit to Barnsley for keeping the ball going towards the other end

1 Like

I forget which service it was that had the option of canned noise or not (DAZN?), and I ended up choosing that as the least worst.

1 Like

Yeah you could watch it on Sky with or without I remember.