Championship and Football League

Southampton fans singing we are top of the league.:grinning:

1 Like

Heard that, funny.

But you’re 21st… calm down.

1 Like

Loving the refs booking for time wasting early days and the 10 minutes added time.

Fans might finally get to watch 90 mins of football

1 Like

We’ll see how long it lasts, no pun intended.

I’m sure it’ll be forgotten about by the time we play the Blueshite.

2 Likes

Late winner it looks for Soton, JWP breaking forward, cuts it across for Che who slots it nicely in the corner.

Southampton going away from home on opening day, to a team that made the playoffs last season, dropping their star midfield prospect and absolutely dominating the game.

Their going to walk through this Championship season just like Burnley did last year.

1 Like

Let’s see a week or two of fixtures first.

I can’t see past them and Leicester. Their squads are way too talented.

1 Like

They were not great in that second half. Could have easily been a draw

Have Leicester signed anyone?

Callum Doyle from Man City, Stephy Mavididi from Montpellier and Harry Winks from Spurs

1 Like

Some crazy time added around, much like the World Cup.

14 mins at Northampton and 10 mins at Blackburn for example.

I did quite like the yellows for wasting time within the first 20-30 mins yesterday.

Seems to be a lot of first half yellows as well which suggests it wasn’t a one off.

Not sure if this in the PL but it’s long overdue especially yellows on time wasting

1 Like

Got to say I don’t think time wasting in the first half of games at the start of the season really should be the priority of refs. How about clamping down on simulation and getting some more consistency when it comes to persistent fouling. You can just see the BS leading to some stupid 2nd yellows for really minimal ‘time wasting’ where the refs carryon is the thing that wastes the time; then the backlash and reversal of these rules just in time for Everton etc to waste big chunks of time when it actually matters late in a game (probably against us)

Potentially more of a problem is players getting a yellow card for time wasting and then being let off hefty challenges later in games as refs often appear reluctant to send players off and “ruining the spectacle”.

3 Likes

Coventry deservedly ahead 1-0 against Leicester, who are being outplayed at the moment.

Leicester roars back. Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall brace. I would have thought he might also leave Leicester but it seems no.

1 Like

Haven’t we been linked with Dewsbury-Hall? Anyway, his price just went up about 50%.

2 Likes

That would be cool, from my perspective. Whenever I watch Leicester, Dewsbury-Hall impresses me. Quite the engine and a bit of cleverness, too. Not so different from the young Hendo and as much or more end product.

2 Likes

Leeds 0-2 Cardiff, after 38 minutes.

1 Like

He isn’t a bad player at all. The reaction on here was a bit odd I felt to it, I doubt it’s even a proper rumour though. Just sounded like someone had an idea while playing football manager.

Also though Transfermrkt has him as a DM, I’ve never really seen him there though he has denied some chances in games I saw.

1 Like