Championship and Football League

Sunderland are shit.

Very entertaining til that last match.

Apparently, the two goals he scored against Coventry equal his total for last season. I’ve also been impressed with him on the few occasions I’ve seen him play, but I don’t think he would be a regular starter for us if we bought him.

1 Like

Hard no to Dewsbury Hall. Having an engine alone just isn’t enough.

Fred Onyedima of Rotherham scored, was booked for the celebration, then sent off for waving an imaginary yellow card all within two minutes.

Sammie Szmodicz of Blackburn, missed a penalty then gave away the opening goal by passing it to the Rotherham striker before sclring twice in three minutes after Onyedima’s red card to make it 2-2.

Quite a game.

2 Likes

I’m glad someone got sent off for that, absolutely hate it.

1 Like

Jonathan Rowe’s great start to the season continues - he came off the bench in the EFL Cup to score his third goals in three games for Norwich.

20 year old winger/attacking midfielder. If you watch Norwich at all he jumps right off the screen, very good player.

1 Like

Brighton will probably sign him then.

Another goal by Rowe

1 Like

:joy:

1 Like

Isn’t the left technically Ireland :wink:

I’d say it’s North Wales.

Ah yeah I forgot it stuck out even more on a globe.

Third Portsmouth game in a row where an official has gone off injured. They had a season ticket holder as stand in linesman for the last 30 mins last weekend. What’s that about?

1 Like

Port Vale are second in league one with a negative 2 goal difference after 7 games!

1 Like

Middlesbrough got to the playoff a few months ago. Now they are mired at the bottom of the table on one point. What gives?

Don’t think it’s anymore than the championship being an incredibly unpredictable league…would anyone have had Lowe’s Preston top after 6 games after finishing mid table last season with newly promoted Ipswich in 3rd? Or Soton/Leeds being 9/10th.

In other news, I see Neil Warnock has “stepped down” at Huddlesfield.

2 Likes

Yeh, Huddersfield refused to pay for his Botox injections.

Yeah it’s the Championship it will always throw up a surprise side at the top end or two and playoff teams will drop off.

Coventry made the playoffs now midtable. If you get stuck you can get stuck it’s kind of why Everton would need an immediate return. It is one very competitive league mind looking at the teams probably the best Championship in some years.

I remember Barnsley was in the play off, then got relegated in the following season.

2 Likes