Chelsea vs Liverpool: League Cup Final, Wembley, February 25, Sunday, 15:00

I’m in Germany so it’s on a different broadcaster.

1 Like

If there is, could anyone post a link?

Maybe an hour after kickoff

3 Likes
2 Likes

1-1!
Com’on!!!

3 Likes

That’s it!

1 Like

We are underdogs for this one and it’s a role we enjoy.

3 Likes

Not according to the bookies, we aren’t.

All this downplaying of expectations due to our injury list is tedious. It’s just like @Sithbare saying that India will lose all the time- designed to soften the blow if it does happen.

We are better than this lot and we will twat them.

8 Likes

Bookies odds are based on the fact that we beat them easily at Anfield and our league position, but the team we will put out will be substantially different to the last time we met. We are really down to a first eleven plus kids. I’m not doing the Barry Sith thing, just looking at the facts of the situation.

3 Likes

Any team with the quality we have out would be the underdogs against a team with that amount of supposed quality.

It might play out that we can still perform but it is a draining atmosphere with not a lot of options to turn to after a game on Wednesday. If Salah or/and can make the bench it enhances our chances.

If we ultimately come short there will be an excuse, I’m not sure what Chelsea’s will be.

Anyhow for a while I thought third time lucky for them but they did beat us under Kenny.

1 Like

They won’t need an excuse. They’ll be beaten by the better team.

1 Like

Of course, this won’t happen as we will, in the words of the old cynic himself, “twat them”. But in the event of some calamity and we actually lose the game, it appears that Chelsea would have to cry off competing in the Conference League next season because their transfer shenanigans would fall foul of UEFA’s spending rules. It’s complicated. See here:

Why Chelsea may have to turn down European football if they beat Liverpool in Carabao Cup final (msn.com)

3 Likes

Twat em is a great saying

You lot are confusing me. How can you have a 1st 11 plus kids? it’s not rugby. :confused:

Pep:
Mo, Darwin, Dom we will have to see.

Spot On Mel B GIF by America's Got Talent

1 Like

"Dom, Darwin and Mo we have to really see. We have two more days and we will check if they are there, would be great if they can be to be honest.

“Curtis will be [out] until around the international break.” Confirms Jota and Alexander-Arnold will be sidelined until after that late March break.

Alisson also sidelined until after the international break. Not really an encouraging injury update.

It’s better than the vague one we got on Tuesday, I think we all knew this lot were out til then.

Good to hear Dom is close and these two others are possible. We know where we stand now with Jones potentially making the Derby if we don’t progress in the cup.

I think Dom if he makes it should be on the bench if it’s too soon then he starts his first game back on the bench.

Probably same goes for both strikers though I’d probably take a chance on Nunez starting and rotate with Salah.

Cup final is an odd one, however imagine having those two to call on with it still 0-0 or better.

If truth be told all 3 need to be ready for Man City and Forest, hopefully we can get through in the FA Cup as it will push back the Derby to late April (dependent on Europa).

2 Likes