Chelsea vs Liverpool: League Cup Final, Wembley, February 25, Sunday, 15:00

We know Klopp almost never starts a player returning from injury (Ali is a clear exception, but he is a goalkeeper). So if anyone of those three is match fit, they will probably be on the bench. Not to mention Salah and Dom would surely be among our preferred penalty takers if the match went to penalties (as happened with our two last cup finals against the Chavs) - they are most definitely not ready to play 120’.

Pep was full of praise for the academy players in the press conference. I wonder if Klopp might throw a curveball and start one of the youngsters in an offensive position (like Danns, Gordon or Clark), who would put a shift for the initial 45 minutes and then get replaced by super-sub Elliott at half-time? I just feel it would be a massive boost if we were able to bring sme threat in from the bench and Harvey looked knackered after the Luton match. Okay, if Nunez is ready to play the whole half, he could get that first-half-only striker role. Such tactic would also enable us to move Harvey to midfield later and send Salah in at around 70-75’ mark.

It was only an idea, I know Klopp won’t do it.

I would say Clark, Danns and McConell are all possibilities. Danns would make the most sense if those two guys are on the bench.

Assume McConnell will start against Soton, all those that went off on Wednesday play this I guess as Pep confirmed there was nothing new as of yet.

have never wished for the international break like i do now and its so fucking far.

3 Likes

I would trust Klopp and medical team to do their utmost to ensure they are really match fit to return to avoid any recurrence of their injuries. We would all rather they sit the Chelsea game out if it means they’re ok for the league run in

1 Like

With the jeopardy of extra time, it means the timing of bringing on the players returning from injury (Mo, Dom, Nunez) is ever more crucial. We all know the PL is the biggest prize we are chasing, so any (further) recurrence must be avoided. Less bothered about Dom, but would really be good to have both Mo and Nunez involved.

If it goes to extra time I believe you get an extra sub? That might be crucial. That said, I can’t see this game being quite the game of chess it was a couple of years ago. Chelsea a lot more leaky, we are missing key players. Should be goals, hopefully in our favour.

Some of the younger guys will be involved again - a great experience and opportunity to write their names in the history books. Who’d have thought Bradley was going to be having quite the impact he has had, along with Quansah, as the two real breakouts this season.

5 Likes

Hmmm. Don’t mind me guys I’m just experimenting here, I know it’ll never happen. Move along.

Kelleher

Gomez Ibou Virgil

Bradley Mac Endo Grav Robbo

Gakpo Diaz

Kelleher

Gomez Ibou Virgil

Bradley Endo Grav Robbo

Mac

Gakpo Diaz

So it seems like the best we could hope for would be something like this:

Kelleher
Bradley Konate vDijk Robertson
Gravenberch Endo MacAllister
Elliott Gakpo Diaz

Subs: Adrian, Quansah, Gomez, Tsimikas, McConnell, Clark, Szoboszlai, Salah, Nunez.

What would have been a formality a few weeks ago, now likely to present us with the LFC nail biting, heart attack match day.

Looking forward to “ffs xxxx is shit” followed by a worldie second half and smiles

Get the alcohol in, we may need it

6 Likes

Half time, 0-1 down-
TAN raging about the slow start. Darwin no composure. Complacency. Arrogance. The Dutch players are shite. Harvey not good enough. FSG tight bastards buying Endo instead of a proper 6.

Full time, win 3-1-
Mentality monsters. Best team in the world. Where the fuck is Klopp’s statue?

8 Likes

I was going to say that since we mostly turn up after the break, Klopp might as well start with five kids before substituting them during the break.

2 Likes

Will be heading to Anfield South (as I have been rightly corrected) for 11.30ish. We are meeting at box park (fan park) for inflated priced bevvies then prob get in stadium for 2pm. My son is bringing his banner… “one kiss is all it takes”

I’m wearing my “I’m so glad Jurgen is red” top and also have the “history” hoodie… I turn 50 this year so my hoodie is even more poignant.

I’m still heartbroken that he’s going. I don’t care about the match, he’s given us another Wembley and there’s more to come…. But it’s gonna end with him leading the way.

It’s bittersweet. But then you pick yourself up… and I will have no voice left at 5pm… we have a job to do… we are in the top tier (I wasn’t in charge of the seats) … but in is in…… and I’ll give it my all from the stand. Every kick, pass, throw in, tackle…. And every time the ref gets involved.

Anfield South will be RED, again.

Virgil will lift his first trophy, he will be calm … no other way.

Now let’s do this.

PS - look me up on Insta if you want to follow some of the antics - Aynit Shah or Red Jedi

21 Likes

I might pop down and see you then.:smiley:
Where is the fan park?

2 Likes

Trent’s is worse than first reported
:frowning_face:

1 Like

If you look up “BoxPark Wembley” it’ll tell you where it is… but I think you need a match ticket to get in. I’m coming into Kings Cross around 11.30 and meeting my daughter there before getting tube to Wembley - so come to Kings Cross if that is any easier? And you can come along to Wembley with us - may even get you into the match if there is a last minute no show from someone etc…

2 Likes

Okay, i will try, will DM you if i can make it. Only problem is, my station is closed for the weekend, as i am 40 minutes away from Kings Cross. I usually bus it to Wembley from Ealing Broadway.

Thank you for the offer RedJedi.

2 Likes

Still my favourite penalty :joy:

2 Likes

You lucky, lucky bugger…will tryn watch out for the banner…as you give it all from the stands…so will I…but from a sofa in North Yorkshire…and many on TAN will be doing the same…so RedJedi…get yourself on the tv…ENJOY…

5 Likes

Ljinders…appreciate all he’s done for us but he’s a bit cringe isn’t he?

“Cruyff said every disadvantage is an advantage”
Like having Brendan back

2 Likes

He is. Still expect him to take over a struggling PL club at some point during next season.

4 Likes

Hope he gets a decent club and does well :+1:

10 Likes