Chelsea vs Liverpool: League Cup Final, Wembley, February 25, Sunday, 15:00

There’s one from Napoleon:

“Opportunity often comes disguised in the form of misfortune, or temporary defeat.”

3 Likes

Chaos is a ladder

1 Like

I am the eggman

5 Likes

And mine also. Was describing it to my (prospective) father in law at Craven Cottage (for the semi).

I remember a lot more pride and sheer fucking disdain for their keeper on VVDs face though. Just like 'Try stopping that then mate. Ha" :joy:

2 Likes

At least he probably updates us on injuries

Fired up about this especially after Poch made his idiotic comments.

4 Likes

Dunno what he is on about, the season they’ve had it’s probably his as well.

5 Likes

Just came here to post this. Let’s slap this round-faced berk’s team around a bit on Sunday, yeah?

10 Likes

Rubbish… you’re not a day over 40! :smile:

50 is back this direction for me:

2 Likes

Yep me too.

This shite:
Chelsea’s head coach looked to ramp up the mind games as he called on Chris Kavanagh, who will referee the final, to treat both teams equally.

If only we were treated equally you gutless wonder Mauricio.

When we played at Anfield I think too many decisions … not one key decision was for us. Two penalties were not given. Duels, 50-50s, always for another colour. Always red.

That really irks me - we complain about clearly ridiculous decisions and get painted as whingers while the likes of these plastics spout this and it is reported as fact.

6 Likes

Yeah I was boiling reading that for the same reason. Unbelievable. But as usual reported as fact.

ESPN app is good for me for other sports and for auto adjusting/keeping all favourite team games and times straight, but their football reporting is shite.

Mark Ogden in particular pisses me right off. “Oh, City are simply the best team of all time” yada yada. Think he’s mentioned the financial charges in one sentence once, something like “they might have an advantage, but still they’re the best.” barf.

1 Like

Of course he fails to mention the penalty at their ground that wasn’t given. The penalty that was a penalty was in the second half not the first five mins which wasn’t a penalty.

3 Likes

I hope we get a penalty for a foul in our own box.

Fuck off Pochettino

2 Likes

But it’s ok to say it’s uneven because it shows how we’re all biased and it actually works out. /sarcasm

Alternatively, yeah you complain but we do too so it’s all square.

I have some choice words that I am trying to hold back at this point. It’s obfuscation on the scale of politics and whataboutism. Makes me see red.

Well, I always see red as I am red, but I digress.

(No, not that kind of red @Dutch — no communist policy in this post.)

4 Likes

Supporting the reds in my 40s has been the best since my childhood…. I hope the 50s is even half as good… I’ll take that.

It’s weird, but if you think of how you felt supporting reds through your life stages, mine is like:

Childhood :star_struck:
Teens :heart_eyes:
20s :relieved:
30s :smiling_face_with_tear:
40s :star_struck::heart_eyes:

The 20s and 30s weren’t all bad - just not to the standards we had set… and other clubs were far superior to us in all departments… it was hard to see a way forward. Then Jurgen walked in. :heart:

9 Likes

Goo goo g’joob :rofl:

Can’t wait for the game, it could be an excellent weekend of sport. Ireland win v Wales, followed up by a Bournemouth win v City, then a Liverpool win at Anfield South.

A man can hope

2 Likes

Ahhh ESPN and Mark Ogden…

Reminder that Ogden wrote that Liverpool’s summer transfer window was the worst in Europe.

He’s so blinded by his love of Man City he can’t even pretend to be objective.

4 Likes

Just be careful with the tackles there, Maria, we have enough injuries as it is…

2 Likes

You and your fine Reds contingent take Wembley by storm!

Go get them, you oldster! :grinning:

3 Likes

If you read the transcript of Poch’s comments, it was clearly a briefed question. What a bellend.

6 Likes