Chelsea vs Liverpool: League Cup Final, Wembley, February 25, Sunday, 15:00

Being 40 now I didn’t know much about the successful years growing up in a household that music and model railways were the big things. I’ll never swap going across the country with my dad to those events but yeah never saw the team reach the heights.

Rafa was sort of interchangeable with Uni so basically left school and it was the Houllier/Rafa years.

I absolutely detest 2010-16 - all of it was a bit crap in life and everything. Politics and life might still be a bit shit but football has been good these last 8

5 Likes
2 Likes

You’re still old enough to appreciate Istanbul and Gerrard fa cup final. Also Suarez season 2014 was special - just didn’t know the team we lost to would later face 115 charges.

But these Klopp years :star_struck::star_struck::star_struck:

9 Likes

Everyone’s intuition was they were artificially profitable through inflated sponsorships, and in hindsight everyone without blinkered bias was correct. The 115 charges would have been a fantasy, and any guilt would have been an even remoter fantasy. The hope is that the remote fantasy becomes the reality.

1 Like

Idk if it got posted here, but I read that Chelsea leadership would “prefer” that they don’t win this trophy for financial reasons. The theory is that a team that ends up in Europa Conference would face stricter (lower) max losses by over 30M of 3 year running total …something like that.

This would more or less guarantee that Chelsea would face points deductions this year and/or next.

Of course I’m not suggesting that their mercenaries, I mean their players (who are so ethical) would not give 100%!

Am traveling for the weekend. Anyone pm me a good stream site?

1 Like

2am kick off. Bollocks!

Nervous as hell already.

3 Likes

Had to post it here too.

5 Likes

9 PM in Bangladesh :bangladesh:, but there’s a chance that it won’t be on TV.

2 Likes

Hi @RedJedi,
Will not br able to make it today, sorry, too much going at home.
Hope to meet next time and have a reunion with Amit too.

Please shout for the Redmen on our behalf

3 Likes

The butterflies :butterfly: have already started​:flushed: in my tummy. This is a one off game, anything could happen.

We are usually rubbish the first 45 minutes. Then, it is full throttle in the second half.

How are we all today?

5 Likes

Mr Mayor Waiting GIF by NBC

2 Likes

That’s my feeling as well. No matter which players we field, including the youngsters, I am confident we will put in a top, top performance.

2 Likes

I really want the youngsters to get a chance today, so they have the experience of a Cup final at Wembley. They deserve a few minutes at least.

5 Likes

Kelleher, Bradley, konate van dijk Robertson, Endo, Grav Macca, Diaz , Gakpo Elliott

Above are the rumours floating

Mo Nunez and dom could make bench

1 Like

Lads need to get out there and play their ‘A’ game. It’s a finals , anything can happen.

4 Likes

calm the big lebowski GIF

1 Like

You are good to get us in good spirits😃.

Wilko and I are the nervous ones. I hope she is okay.

5 Likes

It begins with the League Cup…

3 Likes

A bit nervous considering that Chelsea have had more rest but then again they are shit so that’s comforting.

1 Like