CL Pre Game incident news/clarifications

3 Likes

Interesting piece by the journalist Dan Austin.

2 Likes

Even better piece about how French police brutality has flourished under Macron:

1 Like

The shooting of a drunk homeless man in a road in saint Denis was omitted. One of the worst cases of police disregard of human life I have heard of. The poor sod was a bit rowdy, like drunks often are, the police were controlling his papers and one of them shot him at point blank range in the head.
This has been building in France for a very long time. I’ve said before the police are untouchables and either do nothing, even encourage gang warfare, or just react by hitting out. We see from the accounts that it’s right wing politicians who have been pushing with the police for this state of affaires.
It’s that to be for law and order you need disorder to justify the response.
The police in France have no community responsibility however be careful it’s what a lot of police forces want. We saw this in the UK in the '80’s and '90’s and more recently some events in London and the response of the chief constable have been alarming, it’s continueing in the USA. I think it’s a right wing dream, give police all they need to kill and maim whoever they want.

6 Likes
3 Likes
12 Likes
1 Like

Can’t help but suspect that we are going to see a co-ordinated cover-up between the French Govt. and UEFA.

3 Likes

Paris police chief finally apologies for using tear gas on Liverpool supporters.

An empty apology…he is taking heat off the MPs.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Lost for words

1 Like

CCTV deleted? The parallels with Hillsborough are shocking. The club need to keep pushing on this.

1 Like

Scary isn’t it.

The key difference this time is that there is a lot of footage captured by fans on their phones - they cannot bury all the evidence.

3 Likes

… and fighting to keep his job, he’s been under pressure for a while and for many this is the last straw.
Reminds me of that incompetent idiot at the Met. (Not sure which one is worst).

I was going to say, isn’t there video evidence from not only SdF but the police, normally they ‘film’ manefestations and crowd controll for their own purposes.

1 Like
4 Likes

They are trying very hard in France to wrap this up. Lallement’s appearance sort of accepting responsibility, yet pleading he had no other choice, and saying he will make sure some police idiot will pay is classic. They want the media coverage to go away. Lallement towing the interior ministers line and accepting ‘his errors and miscalculations’ will keep him in his job until NUPES wins the election (tht’s unlikely however Macrons cronies will need an alliance, which they won’t get. (just my guess/prediction of the legislatives coming up).

2 Likes
4 Likes