CL Pre Game incident news/clarifications

:fu: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :rage:

They may as well go the whole hog and include the Battle of Agincourt in their pre-match preparations. I’m sure a few scousers would have been present at that…

4 Likes

Haha @cynicaloldgit

:fu: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:
Bunch of clowns.

3 Likes

Super league it is then!

2 Likes

I would just love it, just love it for a ESL to be established, to rub it in UEFA’s faces.

I hope there is some civil court action against UEFA.

4 Likes
9 Likes

It seems we are a pawn in a battle between different sides, UEFA can’t admit they are wrong, French authorities fucked up but due to the political situation in France a fair few despise Darmanin (and good reason his Wikipedia is full of nasty garbage frankly).

2 Likes

Will this be something like the France protect the French or will it be a proper full investigation. For now it is no more than “considering” …

1 Like

http://www.senat.fr/les_actus_en_detail/article/incidents-au-stade-de-france-les-supporters-entendus.html

They seem pretty serious to me.

1 Like

Not sure that this is accurate. If you read the Guardian article posted above, UEFA have already disputed the French claim that there were 30-40k fake tickets circulating, and for the rest, are underway with an independent inquiry on this matter, which will take at least three months.So it’s not as if they are accusing anyone of anything. They are just withholding their judgment until they have all elements at hand in order to judge what happened. I can’t really blame them for this to be honest, at least not at this stage.

They were very quick to make a judgement Initially I’m sorry if they are now back tracking and considering all the evidence, it’s probably the point in which they needed to start at.

2 Likes

Update to post CL Pre Game incident news/clarifications - #239 by CanuckoLFC

2 Likes

But that’s because the issue of fake tickets would ultimately be UEFA’s responsibility. They’re very quick to downplay anything that could see them culpable and instead try and blame other factors…ticketless fans, late arriving fans, drunkenness, disorderly behaviour, trying to access the ground illegally by scaling fences etc

4 Likes

I noticed that Bill Esterson (MP for Sefton Central) has received a reply from UEFA:

There’s noting too groundbreaking in it but I hope Bill stays on the case. He does come across as a decent guy.

4 Likes

Liverpool MPs generally do, Steve Rotherham was one of the few who continued to press on with Hillsborough justice and Alison McGovern has done too since entering the house.

It helps the fact that people like Michael Howard got caught up in it and some journalists and tv crew, they couldn’t cover it up without it falling to bits very easily not in this day and age.

2 Likes

Also in the article on Didier Lallement: ‘The chief of police acknowledged that his priority was the maintenance of order, not public safety’. This is damning as it mirrored what’s happened in 1989 by South Yorkshire Police and the British government.

3 Likes

Good to see that the media hasn’t moved on. :clap:

5 Likes
4 Likes